XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product and Poor service

Discus and support XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product and Poor service in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In Jan 2022 I purchased the Xbox Wireless Headset from the Microsoft Store. A couple of hours ago, while using it, I adjusted the microphone arm and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KevinSantos-707, Mar 20, 2023.

1. XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product and Poor service

In Jan 2022 I purchased the Xbox Wireless Headset from the Microsoft Store. A couple of hours ago, while using it, I adjusted the microphone arm and it just snapped and broke where the mute button is located (see picture below). The microphone arm is designed to be adjustable, so it should not break under this normal use case. The headset did not any physical impact such as dropping.

I've had the headset for a year now and this isn't the first time something like this has happened the tip of microphone is also open and you can see the wires inside the microphone (on the picture).

I believe I got a defective headset is because I found the following forum post moments later the arm snapped and I was trying to contact support :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...4448-b9c0-7782c0ebb503?rtAction=1647611594544

this was a year ago but also proves it's happened to many people.

I just want to know how I could get my headset fixed or a replacement please,

Kevin S

XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product and Poor service [​IMG]

XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product and Poor service [​IMG]

:)

KevinSantos-707, Mar 20, 2023
  2. bowski477 Win User

3. grahamlamb2 Win User

XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product & Poor Warrant Claim Service

Mine broke the same and no one has got back to me yet so I am very disappointed with the customer services
  4. JASON RMOORE Win User

So my replacement headset was received about a month ago. Over the weekend I was gaming with friends and, I kid you not, the same thing happened to my replacement headset. It broke! Literally in the same exact location as my original headset's mic. At this point, I can only assume there is a point of failure in the design of this headset.

So after receiving a replacement headset from Microsoft and the replacement breaks within a month of use, I need to know what my options are at this point. Here are some pics of the break that happened with my replacement headset.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Ubers8n Win User

Hi Hayabusa, iv just found this post and the exact same thing has happened to my headset. I stupidly tried to put a claim through "Microsoft account/devices" and was sent some ear pads...not much help. How can I get the headset replaced please?

Regards, sam
  6. Snipercristo Win User

I have got the exact same issue and I purchased mine around January.

I have also never dropped the headset and now this has happened. This definitely makes me think that a batch of headsets have this defect. I hope we can get this fixed as soon as possible.

I believe there is some sort of structural defect relating to a screw that is present underneath the mute button.

The other posts
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product and Poor service - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Defective

2. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  3. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  4. Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support: Hi I have a set of xbox wireless headphones. I stood on them by mistake and landed up bbreaking the side support section - see attached- does anyone have an older unit(even wired) that i can...
  5. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  6. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  7. steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one: steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one how reconnected on Xbox one with out plug wire to headset to the controller 6a87487c-dc74-43ab-9150-4e6b796dfe63
  8. My Xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset: So i got this Xbox wireless headset couple months back and it’s been fine my audio starts cutting out and then when I updated the headset and then it completely stopped doing again I’ve tried to...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?: I have bought a used xbox wireless adapter (official) for my pc so that I can connect my Xbox wireless headset to it. Somehow it starts loosing connection while playing and then reconnects...