Xbox Wireless Headset Audio Cutting Out

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset Audio Cutting Out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Official Xbox Wireless Headset audio is cutting in and out during game play. Have mostly noticed the issue since updating to 0.0.9.48. Is it possible... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cdwebb0, Oct 7, 2022.

1. cdwebb0
    cdwebb0 Guest

Official Xbox Wireless Headset audio is cutting in and out during game play. Have mostly noticed the issue since updating to 0.0.9.48.

Is it possible to revert/rollback the update to previous version?

:)

cdwebb0, Oct 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, this is to isolate the problem a bit more.

The options advised above aren't going to delete your installed games and apps.

You only need to sign in with your account after the factory reset.

I understand if you are not willing to follow the previous advises. In that case, the next step will be report this problem to the Xbox team:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Make sure to be as detailed as possible, this includes your current OS build, xbox model, headset firmware, etc. That helps to replicate easily the problem
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this cdwebb0

Sorry to say but as far as I know is only possible to downgrade Xbox Controllers firmware.

We can try to isolate the issue a bit more, but first tell me... where are you experiencing this problem? On Xbox or PC?

In the meantime, may I know if you tried everything from this article?

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. cdwebb0 Win User

I’m using an Xbox (Series S).

Yes, I’ve looked at the article and have tried the steps.
  5. cdwebb0 Win User

Why would factory resetting my console have anything to do with my headset audio cutting out after a recent headset update?! Im not resetting my console…
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, just to confirm. Are you not part of the Insiders program / beta OS. Right?

If not, I can advise you another 3 things to try:

A. Power cycle the console
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

B. Perform a factory reset but keeping games and apps
    Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

C. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

PS: If you're indeed using an insider build, leave the program. If not, the offline update is not going to work
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset Audio Cutting Out - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Audio

2. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  3. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly: Hey there! I have an Xbox Wireless Headset (just warranted a few months ago) and I stream games from my Xbox Series X to OBS-Twitch on my ROG laptop. Since November my headset has connected to the...
  5. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  6. No audio through wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through wireless headset: I might be highly uneducated on this topic and this question might sound really stupid, but here we go. I'm trying to connect a wireless USB headset to my Xbox One S console. I've connected the...
  7. When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled

in XBoX on Windows
    When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled: I just upgraded headphones from razer krakens to the new xbox wireless headset. When i use the xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets all muffled when i join a lobby with my friends or even...
  8. Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning: Hello and thank you for fielding this question in advance. I have had my wireless headset for 4 years now and has not given me any issue previously. However, recently I have had issues with...
  9. audio mixing on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    audio mixing on xbox wireless headset: I have the new starfield edition wireless xbox headset and I'm using it on PC with a xbox wireless adapter. Does the audio chat/game mixing feature not work on PC?...
  10. Xbox wireless headset no game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset no game audio: I've purchased the Microsoft xbox wireless headset, for use with series x console. Paired with the console just fine, but not getting any game audio The microphone works OK, no problems there...