Xbox Wireless Headset and Series X audio stuttering on Beta Ring

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset and Series X audio stuttering on Beta Ring in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Does anyone else here experience this issue? It doesn’t matter if it’s in game or playing music. Anyone know a solution? submitted by /u/derekagraham... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/derekagraham, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Xbox Wireless Headset and Series X audio stuttering on Beta Ring

Does anyone else here experience this issue? It doesn’t matter if it’s in game or playing music. Anyone know a solution?

submitted by /u/derekagraham
    [link] [comments]

/u/derekagraham, Feb 2, 2023
  2. miketja Win User

Series X and wireless Headsets issues

I have the exact same issue, same headsets too. I bought the Turtle 600 gen 2 and had this issue, then bought the new Xbox Wireless Headset, hoping it'd work better, but it doesn't. Exact same symptoms -- playing a game like Gears 5 or Metro Exodus, with a Series X and the new controller, any cutscenes will have audio stuttering after 10-20 seconds. If I move the stick on the controller, the audio comes back... and then stutters again after 10-20 seconds. This is repeatable and consistent. Standard (release) Series X software, latest updates applied to controller and headsets.

It's a known problem since launch, lots of reports, and lots of comments that it's being fixed in a future software release. Clearly this hasn't been fixed yet. So, is there any workaround, other than connecting an old Xbox One controller? Does it matter which audio codec is used (I'm using Dolby Atmos)?

It's not local RF interference, I've minimised that too, and ensured I have line-of-sight to the Xbox. And given that it is clearly reproducible and directly relates to whether the Series X controller is being used, and doesn't matter which headset I use, it definitely seems like a Series X problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  3. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  4. JonnYB2Z Win User

[PC] Xbox Wireless Headset + Dolby Atmos = Audio Stuttering

I am also experiencing audio cut out/ stuttering. I have narrowed it down to the adapter that I am using (Windows 10 Adapter for controller). I have an Xbox Series X where I can play Warzone as a comparison. I do not get the same audio cuts outs playing on Xbox as I do on PC playing Warzone and when I disable Dolby Atmos on PC the cut out stops completely.

From what I can tell this is a support issue of the adapter to deal with the increase data to the Xbox wireless headset..... just my findings.
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

One S headsets

Well, if you need a wireless headset, I recommend this one Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox as it is compatible with Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox 360 series controller

For xbox one controllers and xbox series controllers

by bluetooth if your pc has this (does not support audio passthrough so no headest support via controller).

by wire (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)

by purchasing the xbox wireless adapter for pc (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Headset and Series X audio stuttering on Beta Ring

1. Xbox Wireless Headset and Series X audio stuttering on Beta Ring - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Series

2. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  3. How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?: I got the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Wireless headset and have no clue how to pair it to my xbox series x. The vague instructions and the limited online search results aren't helpful what so ever....
  4. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  5. Will a Xbox wireless headset from China work with Xbox Series X from Australia?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a Xbox wireless headset from China work with Xbox Series X from Australia?: Simple question really, I’m interested in the Starfield headset but it’s sold out in Australia, if I was to purchase one from China will it work without any issues? Thanks...
  6. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller: I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt allow me to continue. I usually turn my...
  7. Is there a way to prevent my Wireless Headset from powering on my Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to prevent my Wireless Headset from powering on my Xbox Series S?: I love the Wireless Headset and with the bluetooth functionality it would seem perfect for use outside of gaming. I work from home and am often in meetings in my home office. I have no trouble...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X: (I know this is a Known Issue - but I have no audio at all) My Xbox Wireless Headset has barely any audio on Series X - I am able to get audio for a few seconds, but then cuts out and won't come...
  9. Xbox wireless headset crackling on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset crackling on Xbox Series X.: I just bought the Xbox wireless headset, and have it paired wireless to the Series X. I start getting crackling in games after awhile. I've noticed a lot of posts about this over the year with no...
  10. Series S wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting: So about 4 months ago I purchased a new xbox series S and it worked fine then a few months ago my controller started disconnecting and now my headset and controller disconnect every couple of...