Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The controller was updated to the latest firmware today. The Bluetooth connects immediately to my Pixel phone, a Raspberry Pi400, an old Lynx 7... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HerbiePeters, Jan 17, 2021.

1. HerbiePeters
    HerbiePeters Guest

Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...

The controller was updated to the latest firmware today.

The Bluetooth connects immediately to my Pixel phone, a Raspberry Pi400, an old Lynx 7 Windows tablet and a 2018 iPad.

It won't connect to either a Bluetooth 4.0 or a Bluetooth 5.0 USB external device on Windows 10, version 20H2.

(Obviously only installed one at a time, the 4.0 is a few years old and the 5.0 is new today from Amazon).

I know the dongles are working in Windows as they pair with my Pixel phone and other Bluetooth audio devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

HerbiePeters, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptateur sans fil Xbox pour Windows 10

No, not necessarily. The Xbox One Wireless adapter has extra functionality, but for basic wireless use you can connect via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth a BT dongle can be purchased for less than $10/€7.

Note that the Xbox One controllers can also be connected via USB cable. The Xbox One uses a Micro USB cable, Series X controllers are USB C.
  3. David Wirsching Win User

what cable do I need to recharge my Xbox X batteries

Hello Dr. J, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

To recharge your Xbox Series X batteries, you will need a USB-C cable. The Xbox Series X comes with a USB-C port on the front of the console, which you can use to charge the batteries for your wireless controllers.

You can use a standard USB-C cable to charge the batteries. Make sure the cable supports device charging and has the ability to transfer data.

If you don't have a USB-C cable, you can also use an official Xbox battery charging kit to charge your controllers. These kits include a rechargeable battery and a charging cable specifically designed for Xbox controllers.

Remember that the USB-C cable or battery charging kit connects to the USB-C port on the front of the Xbox Series X console to charge the batteries of the wireless controllers.

Best regards.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

My xbox controller is plugged in but wont connect to pc

Hi

What Xbox controller is it?

If it's an old Xbox 360 Wireless controller, note that these controllers are always wireless. You can't make them wired with a Play and Charge. The P&C only provides power. You need an Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver. Note: it must be the 360 gaming receiver, the Xbox One dongles are not compatible.

If your controller is an Xbox One or Series X|S controller, try a different cable. Not all USB A to USB C cables are capable of sending data and power, many are just charging cables.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  6. ColoradoMade27 Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Using a USB cable to connect-

Connect your controller using a micro-USB cable (included with all standard Xbox One wireless controllers and the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit). Standard alkaline batteries won’t be used to power the controller functions while you’re using your controller
    as a wired controller.

If you’re using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller, connect your controller using a USB-C cable (included with both controllers).

Depending on the type of controller you have, plug the micro-USB or USB-C cable into the power port on the back of the controller then plug the other end of the cable into your Xbox One. More details can be found
    here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external... - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller USB

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  4. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  7. Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?: Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller? 4903c42a-5598-4d7c-800e-3cd7270b8e6e
  8. Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle: I recently replaced the mainboard on my controller due to stick drift. Now, I can't get the stupid thing to reconnect to my computer. The USB dongle's light is currently solid white (never mind,...
  9. An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?: For my question, is there a way where you can play the Xbox Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth, or USB? a8387c65-7485-43fa-a94d-16fccc03ca23
  10. my wireless control of the xbox one does not connect nor by cable usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wireless control of the xbox one does not connect nor by cable usb: my wireless control of the xbox one does not connect nor by cable usb I already looked if it was the battery but put in another control and it was. This happened when I was updating the control....