Xbox Wireless Controller Series X/S- Not detected on Win 10 boot or restart

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Controller Series X/S- Not detected on Win 10 boot or restart in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently purchased the Xbox Wireless Controller Series X/S 2020 revision model (Daystrike Camo Special Edition) for my Windows 10 machine. Previously... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ChristosPanagiotidis1, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Xbox Wireless Controller Series X/S- Not detected on Win 10 boot or restart

I recently purchased the Xbox Wireless Controller Series X/S 2020 revision model (Daystrike Camo Special Edition) for my Windows 10 machine. Previously I used the Xbox One controller since 2014 (Titanfall Edition).

In both cases the controllers are plugged in via USB. My old controller works just fine and is detected on boot or restart with a white LED shining.

However, the new model does not. No inputs possible, the LED is turned off and it is not visible in the device manager. However, it works flawlessly, when plugged into an already running system. No other problems or connection drops. Once detected it works absolutely fine. I tried multiple USB ports incl. Type A to Type C and Type C to Type C with the same result of lost detection on a system reboot. How to fix this? I don't want to plug the cable each day.

Xbox Accessories App installed with latest firmware revision: 5.7.2688.0

:)

ChristosPanagiotidis1, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Xbox downgrading (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-firmware-reversion) function doesn work is thair another way?

If I may ask, is this an Xbox One Wireless Controller or Xbox Series X|S Wireless controller?
  3. VyYen Win User

Is Xbox Series X Controller compatible with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Hello there guys, just wanna ask if the Xbox Series X Controller is compatible with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Also, is there gonna be a newer version of the wireless adapter for Windows 10 destined for the Series X controller ?

Thanks.
  4. AwaKening1 Win User

Xbox Controller Firmware update - Windows does not properly recognise controller anymore

Hello I would like to know if the new update of Xbox series x | s controllers has solved the problems concerning non detection on xbox accessories apps on Windows 10, because I do not have a console for downgrade of the frimware controller, thanks alot
  5. John P_14 Win User

Will any wireless controller work on a series s?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Xbox wireless controllers, including the latest Xbox Wireless Controllers included with the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, are compatible with the Xbox Series S. In addition, some older Xbox One wireless controllers work with the Xbox Series S. As for third-party wireless controllers, the compatibility depends on the specific controller and whether it is designed to work with the Xbox wireless protocol. The Ant eSports controller you mentioned appears to be a third-party controller designed for PC gaming, and it may not be compatible with the Xbox Series S.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Controller Series X/S- Not detected on Win 10 boot or restart

1. Xbox Wireless Controller Series X/S- Not detected on Win 10 boot or restart - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller Series

2. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  3. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  7. Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?: Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller? 4903c42a-5598-4d7c-800e-3cd7270b8e6e
  8. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  9. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  10. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...