Xbox wireless controller serial number can't be recognized

Discus and support Xbox wireless controller serial number can't be recognized in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I need to send my controller to get it fixed because it's not working but I can't add it to my devices because the site doesn't recognize the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Vic_2, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Vic_2
    Vic_2 Guest

Hi, I need to send my controller to get it fixed because it's not working but I can't add it to my devices because the site doesn't recognize the serial number. I only used it on pc, not on xbox.

:)

Vic_2, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

device registration

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Here's an excerpt from the controller replacement support page;

- Controller serial numbers are 14 characters long and don’t include dashes.

- Your controller serial number may not be recognized if you’ve never connected your controller, or if you connected for the first time within the last 48 hours.

- If you have the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, the 14-character serial number is in the lower center on the back of the controller.

Also make sure you're not typing O as 0 or 1 as I etc.
  3. JxS Draco Win User

Devices page doesn't recognize serial number

It says "We didn't recognize this serial number" and I got the number from behind the battery and from the box the controller came in
  4. Misses Quinzel Win User

Serial number of the wireless controller

Hey there, Borgersen! El Capitaine is right here and you need to register a console to get a replacement controller through us. Returning it to the retailer is definitely a valid step here if you do not have a console. This thread is a little old. If you
    need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  5. Borgersen Win User

Hello WoodlandCross7.

I faced the same problem and contacted an Xbox Ambassador via chat. He (or she) told me that it is only consoles that can be registered, not hand controllers.

As you say; the manual and also the support-pages refers to the Myservice web site. Seems like Microsoft can't agree with themselves in this matter.

(The ambassador is not an Microsoft/Xbox employee.)
  6. El Capitaine Win User

From the FAQ on getting an Xbox 360 Accessory replaced:

"If you purchased the Microsoft Xbox accessory within the last 30 days, you can return it to the retailer with your original proof of purchase. If you purchased the accessory more than 30 days ago but within the accessory warranty period, you can order a
    replacement accessory from our Xbox Online Service Center (console registration is required). Make sure you click Replace an Accessory instead of Request Service. Follow the on-screen prompts to place an order."

support.xbox.com/.../getting-your-product-serviced-faq

You do not need to register your controller, just your console.
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless controller serial number can't be recognized - Similar Threads - wireless controller serial

2. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  4. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  5. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  6. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  7. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  9. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  10. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...