Xbox Wireless Controller not appearing on Android or Windows

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Controller not appearing on Android or Windows in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I recently got accepted into the XCloud Insider Preview and purchased a used Xbox Controller Model 1537. The problem is that when I try to connect it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by David Stringham, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Xbox Wireless Controller not appearing on Android or Windows

I recently got accepted into the XCloud Insider Preview and purchased a used Xbox Controller Model 1537. The problem is that when I try to connect it through Bluetooth, the controller is not listed as an available device. I only see an 'Unknown device.'
    I can connect it through USB, but only on Windows.

I did update the firmware through the Xbox accessories app as instructed, but it only updated to version 2.3.2381.0. According to the Bluetooth support page, version 4.8.1908 is required, so I suspect that the controller is incompatible with Android, even
    though it fits the description of a compatible controller. I just want to get some feedback before I give up.

:)

David Stringham, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Th3 Vidiot Win User

That model of controller does not support bluetooth use. Any of the models that have the top as a part of the bumper area and are not a formed part of the controller, do not have bluetooth capabilities. The first controllers to support bluetooth were
    the 1708. So anything with that model or higher will support the bluetooth function.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller on pc for fortnite

First, the play and charge kit (USB) will not turn an Xbox 360 wireless controller into a wired controller.

Your options are either to buy the USB wireless receiver for Windows:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Or to buy a purely wired Xbox 360 controller. If you're going to buy a new one I would suggest an Xbox one controller, as well, as the newer ones have bluetooth and also can use a micro-USB cable (most android devices from a couple years ago use this same
    cable) to make it a wired controller.
  4. Mythic Sandman Win User

LG K20 V unable to connect with Xbox 1s controller

See below first and if it doesn't work read more info here:https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...tooth_and_many_buttons_don.27t_appear_to_work

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your Android device via Bluetooth

Follow these steps to pair your controller to your Android device using Bluetooth:

1. For best performance, update your controller

2. Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.

3. Press the controller
    Connect button
    for three seconds and release.

4. On your Android device open Bluetooth by going to Apps > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Turn On

5. Once your phone’s Bluetooth is on, a middle size window will appear on your phone showing the name of nearby Bluetooth devices that are active for pairing

6. Select your Xbox Wireless Controller from the list.

7. Once the Controller has successfully been connected, you will see the words ‘Connected’ appear underneath the Xbox One Controller indicating that the Bluetooth has successfully paired with your
    android phone.

Note: Some Bluetooth controllers support various modes. If your controller is not pairing or working properly, you might try switching modes to see if this improves your experience. However, not
    all devices and controllers will be compatible, so certain functionality may or may not work.
  5. Padre784 Win User

Xbox one new "mapping" for their controllers, is anyone else having trouble with it?

If you have smartglass on iOS or android phones or the Xbox app on a windows phone or surface then you can log into that and use the controller function to access the A button. Use that to remap the controller (I'm assuming it's a standard wireless one).
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Elite Series 2

Das bezieht sich auf die Nutzung des Elite 2 Controllers mit Windows 7/8.1 Betriebssystemen.

Eine Liste der nicht unterstützten Funktionen für Android und Windows 7/8.1 findest Du auf dieser Seite:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...ller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

Beispielsweise kannst Du über den Xbox Wireless Adapter für Windows 10 oder via Bluetooth den Controller drahtlos mit Windows 10 Verbinden. Bei Windows 7/8.1 wird diese Art der drahtlosen Verbindung "nicht unterstützt".

Ebenso wird angeschlossenes Controllerzubehör (z.B. das Chatpad) nicht über eine Bluetooth Verbindung unterstützt. Über USB oder Xbox Wireless Adapter jedoch schon.

Über den Wireless Adapter und USB Verbindung kannst Du den Game Sound an den Controller und ein dort angeschlossenes Headset übertragen. Über Bluetooth kannst Du nur Sprach Chat an das Controller Headset bekommen. Und unter Windows 7/8.1 geht generell kein
    Game Sound über den Controller.

[Translation]

The "not supported" functions are in regards to Windows 7/8.1 and Android.

A list of what is or is not supported is on this website:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...ller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

For example, you can connect the Elite 2 Controller wireless via Bluetooth or Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 only on Windows 10. For Windows 7/8.1 that type of wireless connection is not supported.

Additionally connected controller accessories (e.g. the Chatpad) are not supported via Bluetooth. But are supported via Xbox Wireless Adapter.

You can listen to game sound through a headset connected to the controller only via USB or Xbox Wireless Adapter. But via Bluetooth only voice chat is supported. And on Windows 7/8.1 game sound isn't possible at all through the controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Controller not appearing on Android or Windows - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller appearing

2. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  4. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  5. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  6. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  7. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  9. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  10. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...