Xbox wireless controller connection is lagging and makes curser drift

Discus and support Xbox wireless controller connection is lagging and makes curser drift in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been having issues with my Xbox one and my controllers I recently bought a used wireless controller and decided to plug in my Xbox one to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Joyce1, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Xbox wireless controller connection is lagging and makes curser drift

I’ve been having issues with my Xbox one and my controllers I recently bought a used wireless controller and decided to plug in my Xbox one to play minecraft split screen with a friend my controllers were working at first but after I open the game the curser would move up on its own I tried to see if it was one of the controllers acting up but after disconnecting and reconnecting them the problem was still there o think it’s the box itself but I have o idea how to fox it I’ve tried restarting hard resets unplugging everything but the problem still remains the I only get this issue when I try to play games but with the menu and library it’s fine

:)

Michael Joyce1, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the trouble. Kindly perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. Michael Joyce1 Win User

I did as you asked and immediately the lag drift started again I’ve tried cleaning my controllers I’ve followed so many videos to fix them and I’m lost
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In this case, we may need to reset your console keeping your games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. taidara Win User

hellllo

Hey there GRIM!

If you are using a wireless connection, some wireless headsets could interfere with your connection to Xbox LIVE or experienceing lag. Try moving the digital transmitter as far as you can from your Xbox and make sure it is not directly located between the Xbox
    and your router. Still stuck? Try changing the wireless channel manually on your router.

If you are using a regular headset connected to the controller, try a different controller.

Post back and let us know how it goes.
  6. dp66ny Win User

Xbox one controllers - cheap keep breaking - looking for unbreakable controller - Help need info

@ArfElas 3512 I have been looking into the Elite controller - our controllers keep having the left stick break where it keeps the 'drifting' the curser/arrow/gun or whatever the game uses that stick for.

I was thinking that maybe with that controller I would be able to fix it myself by replacing the stick but I am not sure if the issue is in the stick itself or the mechanism that is controlling the stick.

What is your thought...
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless controller connection is lagging and makes curser drift - Similar Threads - wireless controller connection

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  4. How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?: I have 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers connected to a Windows 10 PC, via an Xbox Wireless Receiver. All 4 controllers are identified identically in the system. Trying to distinguish one from another...
  5. Connection issue with the XBOX Wireless Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection issue with the XBOX Wireless Controller: It startet yesterday evening, when my controller turned itself off while I was playing. I didn't think much of it, just turned it on again and played on. But it happened more frequently...
  6. For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...: I spent weeks trying to figure out why I couldn't connect my Bluetooth devices to Windows 10. I built my pc by myself so for the longest time I thought maybe I had installed something wrong. After...
  7. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  8. Hi I am struggling with connecting the360 wireless x box controller to my Lenovo Yoga pc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I am struggling with connecting the360 wireless x box controller to my Lenovo Yoga pc...: Device name Lenovo Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1335U 1.30 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable) Device ID CFEA32CE-B35A-4D52-93AC-5E5CE0BF27F5 Product ID...
  9. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...
  10. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b