xbox wireless controller and adapter problem 2

Discus and support xbox wireless controller and adapter problem 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! So I have microsoft xbox series x wireless controller with miscrosoft xbox wireless adapter. I`m on windows 11. I have all updates, updated drivers... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dmytro Ivasjuk, Mar 23, 2023.

1. xbox wireless controller and adapter problem 2

Hi! So I have microsoft xbox series x wireless controller with miscrosoft xbox wireless adapter. I`m on windows 11. I have all updates, updated drivers etc. I wonder I`m trying to understand - why I can see in options/devices my xbox wireless controller as some xinput compatible hid device? Also why my xbox wireless adapter says " this device could perform faster if conected to usb 3.0" as I already connected it to usb 3.0 of my deepcool cg540 case? I`m in anticipation of your answer, microsoft.

:)

Dmytro Ivasjuk, Mar 23, 2023
  2. InsanKilla clan Win User

Me compre un control de lo que son compatibles con Xbox one y Windows10 pero no prende

If you're having any of the following problems with your Xbox wireless controller, please see the Xbox
    Wireless Controller Solution
    . If you’re having trouble with one of your Xbox wireless controllers, this solution can help you troubleshoot a wide variety of controller issues. We can also help you replace a broken controller if none of these solutions
    correct the problem.

• The controller isn't functioning correctly.
    • The controller won't connect to your console or PC.
    • You can't update the controller.

For help troubleshooting problems with an Xbox Adaptive Controller, see the troubleshooting section of All
    about the Xbox Adaptive Controller
    Learn more
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Dmytro Ivasjuk Win User

Ok, thank you, Kathy A., my controller is updated via the xbox Accessories app but all issues I mentioned before stay.

Regards, Dmytro.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Dmytro Ivasjuk,

Reading back to our conversation, we would like to emphasize this important detail: Chinese adapter reads controller as Xbox Wireless controller while Xbox adapter reads controller as XInput compatible HID device.

A software interface - API enables two applications to communicate with one another without the need for a user. The legacy API is DirectInput and the newer API is XInput. Now, based on the two adapters you tried to connect to your Xbox Wireless Controller. The Chinese adapter is using an legacy API while the Xbox Adapter already displays the updated version of API.

That means you may still be able to connect the controller on both adapter but there is an advantage of using the Xbox Adapter because of XInput API.

What we are trying to say here is that Windows Operating System keeps updating from time to time. Every Windows Updates comes with a cumulative update that provides auto updates for every equipment connected to the Operating System, it just so happens that there are some instances that it won't happen automatically, and you need to manually update it. That is why a driver version compatible to the current Windows version has to be installed to make the device work. In your case you can manually updating the Xbox Wireless Controller on our Xbox website Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support.

By the way, Microsoft Q&A is not our developers forum, it is our sister community forum that deals with much more technical stuffs compares here in Xbox community forum. They normally discuss stuffs involving advance technical stuffs like this. Referring you to them doesn't mean that we are avoiding this concern, in fact referring you to them is showing you our desire to help you fix this problem by providing you all the available support you can get from Microsoft.

Regards,

6. Dmytro Ivasjuk Win User

Hi, Kathy A. I don`t really understand what "customized PC" means. I have average pc with windows 11. I read that support artcile. But still I can`t get it how with some chinese bluetooth adapter windows 11 recognizes my xbox wireless controleer as xbox wireless controller (as It should be by default) but xbox wirelles adapter for windows doesn`t recognize my xbox wireless adapter as xbox wireless adapter. Plus that issue about usb 3.0 issue I mentioned. Plus I forgot to mention - after my pc comeback from sleep/hybernate I can`t turn on my xbox wireless controller just with button press like I did when used itt via some chinese bluetooth adapter. With xbox wireless adapter I have to to delete it everytime after pc sleep and turn on again - plugging in usb 3.0 on my deepcoll cg540 case. Except fact that it`s just annoying my usb 3.0 liftime is discreasing by that. Plus when I used my controller via chinese adapter I could see charge persent in w9indows options. With xbox wireless adapter for windows I can`t get this info anymore. It`s all weird and frustrating to me.

P.S. Yes, I tried to reinstall drivers, delete device etc. Nothing helped. And I don`t have another pc.

Regards, Dmytro.
Thema:

1. xbox wireless controller and adapter problem 2 - Similar Threads - wireless controller adapter

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  4. wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter: (win 10) xbox controller series x|s (or xbox one? it's the one with the round clicky d-pad and the grippy rough texture. it says this (with line breaks instead of semicolons) on the box: xbox...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows: As title states, After reinstalling Windows on my PC the Xbox One controller is totally unresponsive. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling the device and then installing drivers again....
  7. Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?: Hello, I have a question about a specific product, which is the Xbox Wireless Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows. here is a link to it: https://amzn.eu/d/7Y7yRWK is the included wireless...
  8. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers: The receiver disconnects all my controllers (4) at random times, not all at once, they die one by one. Also when I'm playing alone, the active controller disconnects, then I take another one, and...
  10. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...: I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers. At one point both controllers decided to sync to the same PC. Now, while that PC is on, the...