Xbox wireless controller adapter wont bind in windows 10

Discus and support Xbox wireless controller adapter wont bind in windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings, I have seen tons of problems on different forums where peoples controllers will just randomly not connect to the adapter anymore. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nollllllllll, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Nollllllllll
    Nollllllllll Guest

Greetings,

I have seen tons of problems on different forums where peoples controllers will just randomly not connect to the adapter anymore.

My adapter and Xbox Series controller were working fine for months. One day my controller wouldn't connect. I have tried everything I could find on the internet but they just wont bind anymore. Thing is though, i plugged the adapter into a different PC and it connected to the controller first try. I know its on my gaming PC's end but i can't find out whats wrong. I have installed different driver versions, tried all USB ports, system restore, reinstall windows. Nothing worked.

i know i could just connect with USB-C, but i paid for this adapter so i want to use it. My last resort will be reformatting and clean installing Windows, but I'd rather not obviously. If anyone has any ideas, i'd love to hear.

TLXbox wireless controller adapter wont bind in windows 10 :DR Adapter randomly wont bind to controller on gaming PC. Connects fine to work PC.

:)

Nollllllllll, Nov 10, 2021
  2. luissolid Win User

Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC

Hello!

The controller won't bind to the adapter

If the binding instructions are not working, try the following solutions:

• Ensure you're within range (6 meters or less) of the adapter and it's in line of sight to the controller.
    • If you have an Xbox controller, try rebinding your controller to the console by pressing the Connect button on the console, and then the Connect button on the controller. The LEDs will flash and become solid when the binding is successful. If your controller
      does bind, you have isolated the issue to the Wireless Adapter for Windows. If your controller does not bind to your console, see Set
      up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
    • Unplug your adapter, reboot your device, and then plug it back in (to another port if possible), and try again.
    A

you can check this:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows
  3. Nollllllllll Win User

Windows is up to date and i updated the firmware on the controller via USB-C and the Xbox Accessory App.

Edit: all optional updates as well.
  4. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

huh, and still no fix? have you tried contacting support?
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...;(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Could you check and update the controller firmware on your PC? Also check if the windows version is upto date and perform any update you may have missed as well
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless controller adapter wont bind in windows 10 - Similar Threads - wireless controller adapter

2. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  3. wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter: (win 10) xbox controller series x|s (or xbox one? it's the one with the round clicky d-pad and the grippy rough texture. it says this (with line breaks instead of semicolons) on the box: xbox...
  4. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  5. Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows: As title states, After reinstalling Windows on my PC the Xbox One controller is totally unresponsive. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling the device and then installing drivers again....
  6. Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?: Hello, I have a question about a specific product, which is the Xbox Wireless Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows. here is a link to it: https://amzn.eu/d/7Y7yRWK is the included wireless...
  7. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers: The receiver disconnects all my controllers (4) at random times, not all at once, they die one by one. Also when I'm playing alone, the active controller disconnects, then I take another one, and...
  9. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...: I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers. At one point both controllers decided to sync to the same PC. Now, while that PC is on, the...
  10. Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter: I have two Xbox wireless controllers (Model 1697 and 1914) connecting to my Xbox controller wireless adapter (Model 1790) and they both regularly disconnect during gameplay. Both controllers work...