Xbox Wireless Adapter won't sync with controller on Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter won't sync with controller on Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I've recently been having an issue with my xbox wireless adapter not syncing with my xbox one x controller. It was working perfect a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FrancisScheuermann, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter won't sync with controller on Windows 11

Hello all, I've recently been having an issue with my xbox wireless adapter not syncing with my xbox one x controller. It was working perfect a few months ago and the only difference I can think of is that I've moved to Win11. I actually think it worked for a couple of weeks after installing the new OS.

Here's the problem: The adapter is picked up by windows just fine, the driver installs successfully and is up to date. Pressing the sync button will make the little light on the adapter start blinking, indicating its ready to pair and upon pressing the xbox button on the controller and holding the sync button on the controller, it will start rapidly blinking but the two never make a connection.

What I've tried: uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter's drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the controller's drivers, uninstalling both and reinstalling them MANUALLY via the Microsoft Catalog, using older adapter drivers, using alternative drivers for the controller

I have the xbox accessories app and it doesn't seem to see the controller (as expected) but will show the controller when connected via bluetooth. Also, to put a bow on top of this, I did an in-place reinstall of windows 11 to no avail. The kicker? Both the adapter and controller work just fine on other computers.

Anyone got any new ideas?

:)

FrancisScheuermann, Nov 19, 2021
  2. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Francis,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. I am linking you to the Xbox Support page concerning the Wireless Adapter Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows | Xbox Support and would like to ask that you attempt all troubleshooting steps listed on the page. If none of the steps work for you please come back and here and let me know so that we may further the troubleshooting process.
  3. GrinningBread92 Win User

Wireless Adapter for Windows and Xbox

I think the Windows wireless adapter would require the controller to be synced with the adapter before it will work, which means the sync data to the console would be changed to the computer, until you resync the console with the controller.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

XBox Controllers on Windows 7

Hi MikeLucasIsCool! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10? Find out how to set it up on any Windows 10/11 device. If you have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, we can also show you how to set it up on any Windows 10/11, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 tablet, laptop, or desktop PC.

Here’s a compatibility chart for the adapter you may have:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

Windows 10/11 only

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. luissolid Win User

Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC

Hello!

The controller won't bind to the adapter

If the binding instructions are not working, try the following solutions:

• Ensure you're within range (6 meters or less) of the adapter and it's in line of sight to the controller.
    • If you have an Xbox controller, try rebinding your controller to the console by pressing the Connect button on the console, and then the Connect button on the controller. The LEDs will flash and become solid when the binding is successful. If your controller
      does bind, you have isolated the issue to the Wireless Adapter for Windows. If your controller does not bind to your console, see Set
      up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
    • Unplug your adapter, reboot your device, and then plug it back in (to another port if possible), and try again.
    A

you can check this:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller for windows 7

By "latest version of the adapter", you mean
    this adapter
    , then this will not work with Xbox 360 controllers. This one is only designed for Xbox One controllers.

Microsoft doesn't seem to sell the 360 wireless receiver anymore, but you can
    get it here from Amazon

For the 360 wireless receiver, yes, that is all you need to hook up your 360 controller to the PC. Press the sync button on both the adapter and controller, it should connect without a problem and be instantly recognized by your Windows 7 system.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter won't sync with controller on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter won't

2. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  3. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  6. Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc: I have a question about xbox wireless adapter for using xbox gamepads on PC. 1) is it ok that it heats, when it isn't in use? I mean it just plugged in to usb but gamepad is not connected. 2)...
  7. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  8. Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug: I got my xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 years ago, since I still use an Elite series 1 controller and it doesn't have bluetooth so i needed the adapter plugged in to my pc so i can...
  9. Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers: My wireless adapter (£50 btw) won't install on my PC. Searched for drivers and downloaded these: Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1Windows 10 Creators Update and Later Servicing...
  10. Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.: I've been using a Xbox controller with a wireless adapter on my PC for about two years with no problems. Yesterday while playing a game my batteries ran out like they have many times before, Since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox wireless adapter for windows 11