Xbox Wireless Adapter wont sync after reboot or long duration without sync with gamepad

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter wont sync after reboot or long duration without sync with gamepad in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the latest windows 10 64bit ,. and just reset and updated to latest patch, the problem with Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows on windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hwoarang45, Oct 23, 2017.

1. hwoarang45
    hwoarang45 Guest

Xbox Wireless Adapter wont sync after reboot or long duration without sync with gamepad

I have the latest windows 10 64bit ,. and just reset and updated to latest patch, the problem with Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows on windows anniversary update has resurface on the latest creator update and those after it.

Problems = after reboot pc, or a long duration say 24 hours of no playing or syncing my xbox one controller, it will not sync again, even i press the button to resync.

Only temp solutions = plug in usb cable to play or unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter and replug it in, which instantly sync the pad back.

Im already on latest Xbox Wireless Adapter drivers and latest windows 10 patch. please help!!

:)

hwoarang45, Oct 23, 2017
  2. hwoarang45
    hwoarang45 Guest
    Xbox One controller on Win 10 Forgets the Xbox Adapter for Windows

same issues for me no fix yet, i doubt microsoft is even aware of the issue nor bother to do something about it, the day adapter cost so much yet its semi broken after creator updates... its just horrible! so far only fix for me is unplug and replug the
    adapter when it wont sync after reboot

hwoarang45, Oct 23, 2017
  3. hwoarang45
    hwoarang45 Guest
    Xbox One Wireless Adapter only works after USB reconnect on Win10

hi guys, just wanna share my findings,

i notice the bug or issues occurs when u pair your pad with the wireless adapter then either shut down your pc or rebooted while your game pad is still paired and power on.

so the next reboot your adapter will have either two problems,

1. Disconnect halfway during gameplay then unpairable

2.Adapter failed to detect by windows

Temp solution

Remove your adapter, reboot windows,

plug it back, pair your gamepad . Once pair, manually turn off the pad by holding the HOME button , then reboot.

And it should pair perfectly on next reboot when u power on your gamepad, but REMEMBER !!

NEVER TURN OFF YOUR PC WITH THE GAMEPAD PAIRED AND POWER ON, TURN OFF THE PAD MANUALLY before power off your pc or reboot

I been playing with mine for a week , no issue so far. Good luck , hope microsoft fix this soon.

xbox adapter driver = latest

xbox gamepad firmware = latest

windows = 64bit anniversary patch + latest updates

hwoarang45, Oct 23, 2017
  4. hwoarang45
    hwoarang45 Guest

really no help or even a reaction?? Microsoft???

hwoarang45, Oct 28, 2017
  5. hwoarang45
    hwoarang45 Guest
    guess microsoft support is totally none existence .... what a total ****.. so regret investing in you all

hwoarang45, Nov 1, 2018
  6. hwoarang45 Win User

guess microsoft support is totally none existence .... what a total ****.. so regret investing in you all
  7. hwoarang45 Win User

really no help or even a reaction?? Microsoft???
  8. hwoarang45 Win User

Xbox One controller on Win 10 Forgets the Xbox Adapter for Windows

Way old post, but this is still a problem for me. After shutting down my PC, I have to disconnect the adapter, and re-sync.

Did anyone find a fix?
    same issues for me no fix yet, i doubt microsoft is even aware of the issue nor bother to do something about it, the day adapter cost so much yet its semi broken after creator updates... its just horrible! so far only fix for me is unplug and replug the
    adapter when it wont sync after reboot
  9. Lord Splashy Win User

Can you use an xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one?

Hi

i think what your saying is that the sync button is broken and you want to sync a wireless headset?

if so then yes its possible to buy a xbox wireless adapter and use that to sync the new headset, instructions on how to do that will be with the adapter. If your going to purchase an adapter look at the xbox shop first as im not sure if they do them, failing
    that i would go for a named brand as you will want the quality from it.

i hope this helps

Stuart
  10. Tunsdruff Win User

Problems with correctly installing drivers for Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter for Windows 10

I have the same problem... Win 10 x64

Bought the adapter just today... First didn't got recognized (only XBOX ACC was shown under device manager). after manually download the driver from the ms site (http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=xbox%20adapter - thx to http://mattpilz.com/fix-for-xbox-one-wireless-adapter-not-working-in-windows-10-xbox-acc-driver/),
    it was available under Network adapters (Xbox Wireless Adapter). After a system reboot, the device got the same message as BlackchiefPrime already said. (operation failed, the requested operation was unsuccessful). No light or any sound when plug in the adapter
    resp. press the sync button...
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter wont sync after reboot or long duration without sync with gamepad - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter wont

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  5. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  6. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  7. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  10. Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc: I have a question about xbox wireless adapter for using xbox gamepads on PC. 1) is it ok that it heats, when it isn't in use? I mean it just plugged in to usb but gamepad is not connected. 2)...