Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller. My Wireless Xbox adapter was working fine, until one day it stopped connecting to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pijus Petrauskas, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller

My Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller. My Wireless Xbox adapter was working fine, until one day it stopped connecting to the controller. I have figured out that there is nothing wrong with the controller itself or the adapter because they work fine when I connect them to my work laptop, the controller also works when I connect it through a cable to my gaming computer. System-wise, I have tried:

1. Unistaling/deleting the drivers and installing them manually

2. Switching USB ports

3. Changing the batteries of the controller

4. Trying to connect another controller

5. Updating Windows

If anyone has a fix for this, please help a guy out!

:)

Pijus Petrauskas, Sep 3, 2022
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Use headphones with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller on win 11

Because Xbox controllers use a proprietary wireless technology known as Xbox Wireless. As such you can't use any adapter to connect the controller, it has to be the Xbox Wireless adapter specifically.
  3. siguyvirus Win User

My controller keeps disconnecting mid game

Is this an Xbox One controller, or an Xbox 360 controller? If it's an Xbox One controller, are you connecting wirelessly to the PC via Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter?
    Xbox one controller with an xbox wireless adapter
  4. XBF - Amory Win User

XBOX Wireless adapter for windows

Hello there,

This sounds like a familiar problem I had with one of my controllers a while ago. I found that the connection with the wireless adapter was much more reliable.

I recommend you have the PC forget the bluetooth connection with the controller, and have the controller depend only on the connection with the wireless adapter. When you disconnect the controller from the PC, it's possible that it will blink as though it is not connected to anything--this is okay.

Just reconnect to the wireless adapter only, without going through the bluetooth settings on your PC, by:

1. Press and hold the connection button on your controller until the Nexus button blinks rapidly
    2. Press and hold the wireless adapter's connection button until the indicator light on it blinks rapidly
    3. Wait a few seconds for the controller and adapter to find each other, and for the blinking to slow down and stop, indicating a successful connection
    Best of luck, and stay safe! If this doesn't work for you, let us know.
  5. schnurren Win User

How to connect new controller to microsoft windows controller adapter?

Hello Quinquadrate,

I asume you are talking about the official Xbox Wireless Adapter Controller.

Is that is true, you can follow the steps described in here for connecting it : https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...ories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-setup

If not, the other solution is :

Plug the Wireless Adapter to your PC

Connect your Xbox One Controller to your PC via USB cable

When the controller is connected, unplug the USB cable from the controller

At this point, the controller should be paired with your Wireless Adapter (or at least, that works for me everytime!)
  6. gds1972 Win User

xbox one pad compatibility question

Hi

It is not possible to use the Xbox 360 wireless adapter to connect this controller to your PC. This controller looks like it features Bluetooth so you may be able to connect it this way or alternately you can connect it via a USB cable or the wireless adapter.

It may also be possible to purchase the controller and wireless adapter together such as I have linked below.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/d/x..._collection&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Please note to use the Windows wireless adapter it looks like your PC must be running Windows 10.
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter stopped

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  5. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  6. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  7. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  10. Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC: The last couple days I've been mauled by one of the most common issues discussed here. I did my daily routine, start my PC, got my Stream running, the game Loaded, and I turned my Controller on...