Xbox wireless adapter static/crackling noise

Discus and support Xbox wireless adapter static/crackling noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I use my Turtle beach stealth 600 Gen2 Xbox model headset along with Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Adapter to use my headset on my PC. This made the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KaiHunt, Nov 10, 2021.

1. KaiHunt
    KaiHunt Guest

Hi,

I use my Turtle beach stealth 600 Gen2 Xbox model headset along with Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Adapter to use my headset on my PC. This made the most sense to me as I purchased the headset a while ago for Xbox then decided to use it on PC too and this is the only way I found how. This has worked great for months until just recently when I have this constant cracking and static noise whenever the headset is connected to the adapter. I have tried the headset on my Xbox One console again to make sure that wasn't the issue and sure enough it worked fine leaving me to believe this is the fault of the adapter.

I am looking for any help or support to get this system working again without having top buy any new parts.

Thanks,

- Kai

:)

KaiHunt, Nov 10, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Kai, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Ok, there are a couple of things we could try, but if did not work, probably is the adapter. :(

First, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, you could restore your PC's OS via the windows 10 ISO image tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-downlo...

That way, you can restore and keep your installed games and all of your files.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

So, your adapter is under warranty? Usually Microsoft's accessories has 90 days of warranty.
  4. KaiHunt Win User

This did not fix it. Is it possible for me to get the adapter replaced and if so how do I go about doing this?
  5. Flipsy-079761D4-E7B5 Win User

Sound cuts out????

Does anyone get a weird crackling sound like a slight static noise through their tv sometimes?
  6. HrC Primitive Win User

Turtle Beach Earforce X1 & Microsoft Headset Stereo Adapter - microphone not recognised

Same thing happening to me with my astro a40 they produce a crackling static sound when i speak in game or party chat! ITS SO STUPID there freaking adapter does not even work right after they make there chat port a *** proprietary connection and charge us
    freaking money for a adapter! The sad part is my astro a50s get here on monday before titanfall and i wont be able to use them do to this stupid noise...
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless adapter static/crackling noise - Similar Threads - wireless adapter static

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  4. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  5. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  6. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  7. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  8. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  10. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...