Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

Discus and support Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TrikzTriks, Feb 13, 2024.

1. TrikzTriks
    TrikzTriks Guest

Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and its giving me more issues than it should lol. like yay i can game again but boo when i try to game with the controller on pc just to game while listening to music or something and it controls the other programs that are running.

:)

TrikzTriks, Feb 13, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game I'm playing?

Hi TrikzTriks, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Afterwards, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Finally, on your computer start bar, search for "Services.msc" and open it.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list and right-click the "Xbox Accessory Management Service"

Select Properties > On this window, change the initialization/startup type to Automatic.

Click OK and restart your computer.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One Wireless Elite

The Elite controller does not feature Bluetooth connectivity.

To connect it to your computer, you will need the
    Xbox Wireless Adapter
  4. comnuts Win User

Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?

Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

Try connecting the controller using a Micro-USB cable to the computer. This will no longer require the wireless controller adapter.

If the controller is working, then it is the wireless adapter that is not functioning. You may try testing it with another computer. If it doesn't work with another computer as well, your wireless adapter for the controller is faulty and should be replaced.

Please let me know if I can help you further!
  5. Boda Zen Win User

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 disconnects after 7 seconds

The wireless adapter has a limited range. If you are using a desktop computer use the USB extender to get the wireless adapter as close to your controller as possible.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cable Micro USB Blackberry para mando Xbox One de PUBG en PC [Translation-Blackberry Micro USB cable for Xbox One control from PUBG on PC]

Thema:

1. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game... - Similar Threads - wireless adapter controlling

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter: (win 10) xbox controller series x|s (or xbox one? it's the one with the round clicky d-pad and the grippy rough texture. it says this (with line breaks instead of semicolons) on the box: xbox...
  4. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  5. Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows: As title states, After reinstalling Windows on my PC the Xbox One controller is totally unresponsive. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling the device and then installing drivers again....
  6. Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the bundled wireless adapter be able to pair with a new controller?: Hello, I have a question about a specific product, which is the Xbox Wireless Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows. here is a link to it: https://amzn.eu/d/7Y7yRWK is the included wireless...
  7. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers: The receiver disconnects all my controllers (4) at random times, not all at once, they die one by one. Also when I'm playing alone, the active controller disconnects, then I take another one, and...
  9. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...: I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers. At one point both controllers decided to sync to the same PC. Now, while that PC is on, the...
  10. Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter: I have two Xbox wireless controllers (Model 1697 and 1914) connecting to my Xbox controller wireless adapter (Model 1790) and they both regularly disconnect during gameplay. Both controllers work...