Xbox Wireless Adapter is acting up. Phone support is useless.

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter is acting up. Phone support is useless. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter in May 2022. When I connect a controller it stops working after 5-10 minutes and starts sending random D-Pad inputs.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BatMobile4GLTE, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter is acting up. Phone support is useless.

I bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter in May 2022. When I connect a controller it stops working after 5-10 minutes and starts sending random D-Pad inputs. The input is there even if I turn off the controller and persists until I remove the adapter from the PC.

I have 4 Xbox controllers at home, some from older Xbox One and one newer one for the Series X. They all act up in some way or another. It is not a controller issue. I've recently fresh reinstalled Windows 10 and it's squeaky clean - very minimal background apps and malware scans every week so I don't think it's an issue there either.

I purchased the adapter from Amazon. Their support window was only 6 months and closed recently. I've been on the phone with support and they have been absolutely useless. Technical support just tries to have me do troubleshooting that I've already done. They transferred me to the sales department who basically added insult to injury by asking me to buy the controller/adapter combo at the publicly listed price. What am I supposed to do now?

:)

BatMobile4GLTE, Dec 3, 2022
  2. BatMobile4GLTE Win User

I've confirmed that the same issue happens on my laptop

Hi

And what about connecting the adapter to a different PC?
    That makes a difference or the same happens?

If the same happens, definitely is a hardware issue with the adapter :c
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this BATMOBILE4GLTE

I don’t like to give bad news but everything points to be a hardware issue with the adapter
    But before concluding that please tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi
    In this case it’s definitely an issue with the adapter :c

Sorry
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi BatMobile4GLTE

And what about connecting the adapter to a different PC?
    That makes a difference or the same happens?

If the same happens, definitely is a hardware issue with the adapter :c
  6. BatMobile4GLTE Win User

I've done the following:

1. When it first started acting up I would turn the controller off and on again. When that didn't work I would unplug the dongle and plug it back in. I would have to pair the controller again sometimes, or even reset the PC to get it to connect again. When it acts up in specific games I would close the game but the issue would persist on the Windows desktop screen.

2. I have 4 Xbox controllers at home, one for Xbox One, two for Xbox One X, and one for the Series X. All the controllers exert the same issue. Controller firmware is all up to date.

3. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD just two weeks ago. I've done all the updates up to Windows 10 22H2. I've disabled nearly all the startup apps so that barely anything starts with Windows. I've done a System File Check which did fix some registry issues, and I scan for malware every few days.

4. USB selective suspend is Disabled. I've tried all the USB ports on my PC and they all do the same thing. My PC was built by myself, the motherboard BIOS and every driver is up to date. No other piece of hardware has had any issues with any of the USB ports.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this

I don’t like to give bad news but everything points to be a hardware issue with the adapter
    But before concluding that please tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter is acting up. Phone support is useless. - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter acting

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  5. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  6. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  7. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  10. Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc: I have a question about xbox wireless adapter for using xbox gamepads on PC. 1) is it ok that it heats, when it isn't in use? I mean it just plugged in to usb but gamepad is not connected. 2)...