Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows gets hot

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows gets hot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using an Xbox Wireless Adapter on Windows 11 for my Xbox One controller. Both are working fine. However, I noticed that after some time the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Marcus64ME, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Marcus64ME
    Marcus64ME Guest

I'm using an Xbox Wireless Adapter on Windows 11 for my Xbox One controller. Both are working fine.

However, I noticed that after some time the external plastic of the adapter is noticeably warmer to the touch, and the metal part gets quite hot.

I'm wondering whether this is normal, as well as if the controller would be compatible with other cheap WiFi or Bluetooth adapters in case this breaks.

:)

Marcus64ME, Nov 10, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Marcus,these accessories tend to heat up, yes, my friend.

It's not a symptom of a problem, as the accessory usually heats up.

And about compatibility with other wireless adapters, the vast majority are compatible yes.

What can happen is that if the adapter is of very poor quality, the PC may not recognize the controller as an xbox controller, and only as a wireless device.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

xbox wireless adapter gets hot

they do get warm but should not be red hot.

have you got it plugged into a usb 3 port or usb 2.

if in a usb 3 port switch to a usb 2 as it could be drawing to much power.
  4. R4Cypher Win User

Xbox wireless headset on PC

5. XBF Paul M Win User

X-Box Wirelesscontroller Win8.1

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, it would seem you're experiencing an issue with the Xbox one wireless adapter. I believe I have some information for you that can help. Here are a few articles about the Xbox one wireless adapter that should
    help you troubleshoot the device. I hoped the information I provided was helpful, please let us know how it goes.

1.Compatibility for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

2.Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

3.Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Wireless Xbox one adapter compatibility with windows 7

Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows gets hot - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter Windows

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  3. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  5. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  6. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore: Xbox wireless adapter issue where it is on and wont connect anymore even though it used to and works on other pc. I have un and re installed all drivers and followed all the steps from the other...
  8. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  9. Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows: As title states, After reinstalling Windows on my PC the Xbox One controller is totally unresponsive. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling the device and then installing drivers again....
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window 10 disconnects during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window 10 disconnects during gameplay: Good Morning, I can post system specs if needed later today but I will detail as much as I am able now in hopes someone can help. I have the old style Xbox wireless adapter for windows and it...