Xbox wireless adapter doesn't show up in device manager on Windows 10.

Discus and support Xbox wireless adapter doesn't show up in device manager on Windows 10. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought an Xbox wireless adapter. all of the buttons work in the Xbox Accessories app, but not in games. Also neither the controller, nor the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by issavgg, Mar 18, 2023.

1. issavgg
    issavgg Guest

I recently bought an Xbox wireless adapter. all of the buttons work in the Xbox Accessories app, but not in games. Also neither the controller, nor the wireless adapter show up in windows device manager.

:)

issavgg, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Issavgg, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10

xbox wireless adapter troubleshooting

The adapter didn't auto-install

Because the drivers for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows are embedded within the Windows 10 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:

• Make sure your Windows 10 device is connected to the Internet.
    • Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date by going to Windows Update on your device and checking for available updates.
    • Reboot your device and try again.
    • Ensure your USB ports are not disabled in your Device Manager.
    • Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
    • Try reinstalling the drivers in case they have partially installed. To do so, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:
      1. Go to your Device Manager.
      2. Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
      3. Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
      4. Click on the Driver tab.
      5. On the Driver tab, click the Uninstall button.
      6. On the confirmation window, check Delete the driver software for this device.
      7. Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows 10 device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.
      8. If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adapter needs to be replaced. See How to get service for

your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

joystick xbox one adapter (error xbox acc)

Hi Diego,

Because the drivers for the
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
    are embedded within the Windows 10 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:

• Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date by going to Windows Update on your device and checking for available updates.
    • Try reinstalling the drivers in case they have partially installed. To do so, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:
      6. On the confirmation window, check Delete the driver software for this device.
      7. Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows 10 device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.
      8. If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adapter needs to be replaced. See How to get service for

5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter

That's because the driver is not correctly installed,

Because the drivers for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows are embedded within the Windows 10/11 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:

Make sure your Windows device is connected to the internet.

Make sure Windows is up to date by going to Windows Update on your device and checking for available updates.

Reboot your device and try again.

Ensure your USB ports are not disabled in Device Manager.

Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.

Try reinstalling the drivers in case they have partially installed. To do so, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:

Go to Device Manager.

Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.

Select Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.

Select the Driver tab.

On the Driver tab, select Uninstall or Uninstall Device (depending on your version of Windows).

On the confirmation window, check the Delete the driver software for this device box.

Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.

If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adapter might need to be replaced.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Pilote introuvable Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 [Edit - Translation] - Driver Not Found Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

Hello Alexis,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Check out these troubleshooting steps from this link : Troubleshoot
    the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

The adapter didn't auto-install

Because the drivers for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows are embedded within the Windows 10 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless adapter doesn't show up in device manager on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - wireless adapter doesn't

2. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  3. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  6. Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc: I have a question about xbox wireless adapter for using xbox gamepads on PC. 1) is it ok that it heats, when it isn't in use? I mean it just plugged in to usb but gamepad is not connected. 2)...
  7. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter sound issues: I have bought Xbox Wireless Headset with Xbox Wireless Adapter and use it on my PC with Windows 11. All drivers and system are updated! And I have this terrible issue when audio is chopping with...
  10. Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers: My wireless adapter (£50 btw) won't install on my PC. Searched for drivers and downloaded these: Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1Windows 10 Creators Update and Later Servicing...