Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I got a Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so I can use my controller with the my PC. It works fine except for one really weird problem. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The Doom Marine, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working

So I got a Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so I can use my controller with the my PC. It works fine except for one really weird problem. When I plug it into my motherboard, it causes my USB headset to stop working. This headset is separate from the controller and is actually plugged into my monitor's USB port and is the only USB device affected.

But when I plug the adapter into my monitor's USB port the issue goes away. It also goes away when I plug my headset into my motherboard and the adapter is plugged into my motherboard. It doesn't happen when I plug the adapter into the monitor and the headset into the motherboard.

It's only the combination of plugging my headset into my monitor and the adapter into my motherboard that causes it and I have no idea why.

Anyone have any idea why that's happening?

:)

The Doom Marine, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

3. DarkerFirestar Win User

Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless adapter?

Yes, you can use the Xbox One wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the USB wireless adapter.

To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect the USB wireless adapter to your PC.
    2. Turn on your Xbox One wireless headset and hold down the power button on the headset until it starts flashing. This puts the headset in pairing mode.
    3. Press the pairing button on the USB wireless adapter until the LED starts flashing.
    4. Once the LED on the USB wireless adapter stops flashing and stays lit, the headset is paired with your PC.
    5. Open the Xbox Accessories app on your PC, and click on the "Xbox One Wireless Controller" device.
    6. From there, you can adjust the chat mixer settings to your liking.
    Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to use the chat mixer on your Xbox One wireless headset with your PC.
  4. PieIsBetterThanCake Win User

[PC] Xbox Wireless Headset + Dolby Atmos = Audio Stuttering

I'm experiencing the same issues. The problem isn't the wireless adapter. It's the implementation of spacial sounds and atmos in general.

I know it's not wireless because i still have the same exact issues when using the headset hard-wired (using a 20' USB-A to USB-C adapter. I have no wireless adapter connected so it's not an issue of me thinking it's wired when it's actually wireless).

Disabling spacial sounds in the settings makes the sound better, but not good. This headset works flawlessly on my Xbox One X, so I know the hardware itself works.

I believe it's a driver issue and compatability issue with surround sound in general that cause problems.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

anyone successfully connect logitech g935 headset to xbox one wirelessly?

According to the user manual of the G935 headset, you connect the headset to the Xbox One controller via the headphone jack cable.

For wireless operation, the G935 uses the USB adapter that only works on PC. So on the console, you have the wireless connection between console and controller. But from controller to headset, you have a wired connection to the headset.

The wireless USB adapter that connects the headset to the PC doesn't work on the Xbox One.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC Minecraft?

The Xbox 360 controller, assuming you’re using wireless only charges via USB. You would need to get the now discontinued 360 wireless adapter

Any Xbox one controller will connect via USB, Bluetooth, or the Xbox wireless adapter. You need to use USB or the Xbox adapter for headset support
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter Causes

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  5. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  6. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  7. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  10. Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc: I have a question about xbox wireless adapter for using xbox gamepads on PC. 1) is it ok that it heats, when it isn't in use? I mean it just plugged in to usb but gamepad is not connected. 2)...