Xbox wireles headset not working(mixer stuck to end and its grayed out

Discus and support Xbox wireles headset not working(mixer stuck to end and its grayed out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox wireles headset is not working(party chat slider greyed out and cant adjust it on headphones themselves) I can hear only party chat!Tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NJA ReNcHiKs, Feb 27, 2023.

1. NJA ReNcHiKs
    NJA ReNcHiKs Guest

My xbox wireles headset is not working(party chat slider greyed out and cant adjust it on headphones themselves) I can hear only party chat!Tried to hard reset but that doesnt work. After that i sent them to warranty repair explaining the problem. Month after they sent them back to me saying that everything works perfect.Connected them to 3 different xbox series x consoles but still no sound except for party chat as slider is still stuck to the end. Any idea where is the problem?

:)

NJA ReNcHiKs, Feb 27, 2023
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Headset chat mixer grayed out

Hello @Cbagel10, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, please make sure to follow the following steps in order to fix your issue.

Please follow the the instructions on both links first:

Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

The next step will be for you to try and perform a power cycle to your console by pressing down the power button on your console for 10 seconds until you make sure it is off. After that please unplug the power cable and wait for 10-15 seconds, then plug it back and switch your console on.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Ninjamaster0605 Win User

headset

hi, still not working

i now have a wired controller from the brand PDP for the xbox, and there my headset works perfect

and on the 2 original wireles controllers not

dont understand it
  4. Jake Heinaman Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Thank you for the reply but I am still unable to use my headset. Although you said something about making sure Headset Chat Mixer is not off, and I cannot find an option with said description. Could you provide where in the settings this is at?
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If you see an icon of Microphone being cross out it would mean that the volume of your microphone is muted. Can you check for any settings of your headset to increase the volume? You can refer to the manual of your headset on how to adjust the volume.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

6. Jake Heinaman Win User

Thank you for the clarification on that icon but the headphones I use are small wired earbuds that I connect directly to the controller so there are no buttons except for 1 that I have no idea what it does. The headphones I use are wired onn. earbuds if that helps in anyway
Thema:

1. Xbox wireles headset not working(mixer stuck to end and its grayed out - Similar Threads - wireles headset working

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Headset fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset fixing: I play on Xbox series x and I bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear the game itself. I know about the chat mixer but that...
  4. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  5. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  7. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  8. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  9. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  10. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...