Xbox Windows App Party Chat Not Working

Discus and support Xbox Windows App Party Chat Not Working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; While many of these threads have came and went and locked, with pretty much no answer beyond those few 'options' given on the troubleshooting page, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheSaltySarge, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Xbox Windows App Party Chat Not Working

While many of these threads have came and went and locked, with pretty much no answer beyond those few 'options' given on the troubleshooting page, I would like to ask again what can be done to be able to fix the ridiculous and dreaded Teredo problem that
    causes the Xbox Windows App (or even console companion/game bar app) to not allow players to be able to speak/hear each other (actually using party chat as intended) while in a party??? Thank you

P.S. I've had countless googling and forum hopping with absolutely no luck to get this issue fixed. Please ask away any questions that's needed, but I will say that I'm on a IPv4 service.

:)

TheSaltySarge, Dec 31, 2020
  2. AUSTIN PWER Win User

is windows10 xbox app not able to make parties anymore?

Party chat on Windows/Xbox App still works. An alternative is the Xbox game bar Party.

To bring up the Xbox game bar, Hold the Windows button and Press "G"

From there you will be able to initiate a Party and Much more!
  3. ClausReich Win User

Mic volume too low to hear in party chats

You can also check if Party chats work well on the Xbox app on PC (Windows 10/11) or on your phone.
  4. Jason Lochhead Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

Same problem here. I've tried my Logitech wireless headset as well as a USB headset. Both work fine in Windows apps, but no mic on Xbox Streaming for game chat, voice messages, or parties. It does seem to work in the Xbox app Parties though.

I have the beta app v11.11.3013.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

Xbox Beta App Mic problems

Try using the Xbox Console Companion App instead. You can use it in Windows and on your phone. It works great on your phone as a hands free party chat.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Teredo is unable to qualify

This is the official Xbox support article for this error: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat

There are a list of solutions in that article that must be attempted in order. At the end of a solution, test if party chat works or not in the Xbox app. If it doesn't work, move to the next solution. Follow the steps carefully, as it eventually gets into
    editing the system registry files (which can break your Windows installation if done incorrectly).
Thema:

Xbox Windows App Party Chat Not Working

1. Xbox Windows App Party Chat Not Working - Similar Threads - Windows App Party

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  3. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....
  4. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  5. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  6. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today: As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on f4c1b286-3e6d-4d23-babd-4a9ae7cb69a0
  7. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  9. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  10. I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11: This is the error i get on the xbox app https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/408402899618627586/1154584579223588964/image.png The error i get is Something went wrong with your party please try...