Xbox will not unsuspend my account no matter what I do

Discus and support Xbox will not unsuspend my account no matter what I do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm posting from my boyfriend's account because my account has been suspended due to "unusual activity." I turned on my XBOX like normal, I had just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kade Nowlain, May 22, 2024.

1. Kade Nowlain
    Kade Nowlain Guest

I'm posting from my boyfriend's account because my account has been suspended due to "unusual activity." I turned on my XBOX like normal, I had just played the day before and it made me re-log in and asked for a verification code from my phone number. Problem is I don't have access to my old phone number because I completely cracked my phone and dropped it in a pool on a cruise this past November, and I couldn't update my account's phone number without verification from my OLD phone number. I've never had this issue before, and there hasn't been any unusual logins? But I submitted a request through Microsoft support to get my account back with all completely accurate information and I got an email back 24 hours later saying they couldn't verify my ownership of the account. I talked to somebody on the virtual chat about this and they pretty much said there's literally nothing they can do because it's a completely automated system. THERE IS NO WAY TO SPEAK TO A REAL PERSON. When you call and try to speak with a representative an automated message tells you to just go online to the virtual chat. As a strictly XBOX girly, I just wanna play overwatch and give y'all my money! Please help.

:)

Kade Nowlain, May 22, 2024
  2. Kade Nowlain Win User

I've tried to reset my password, but I did have 2FA active with only my old phone number. I've also submit two different forms and both times i've got an email back saying they can't verify my ownership of the account when I've given all accurate information. Is there any other way to verify my identity without using my old phone number? I have absolutely no way of using that number anymore since the phone was broken. and I also can't transfer my favorite games to a new xbox account without either waiting a year, or losing all of my progress. What do I do?
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kade, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem. I understand how important recovering your account is to you.

If you do have the 2FA active, are you able to access the second factor of authentication?

If so, please try resetting your password. Detailed steps on resetting your password can be found in the following support article:

https://support.microsoft.com/office/eff4f067-5042-c1a3-fe72-b04d60556c37

Important: The account recovery form can only be used if two-step verification isn't turned on.

If you did not have 2FA active on the account, and the account was not deleted due to inactivity, you will need to try the Account Recovery Form: https://account.live.com/acsr

Detailed steps on how to use the Account Recovery Form can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

Microsoft takes account security very seriously, that's why Account Recovery is an automated process with no human influence. If you don't have the correct information, you may not be able to get through account verification using the Recovery Form.

The Account Recovery Form requires adequate information to prove that you are the owner of the account. The Account Recovery Process can be a time-consuming process, but providing as much info as possible from the start of the process will increase the possibility of being verified by the automated process. You'll need to keep trying until you're verified by Microsoft.

Remember to use a familiar device from which you've frequently accessed your Microsoft account, as well as a familiar location. Microsoft will review your responses and respond within 24 hours. If you are verified, instructions on how to log back into your account will be sent to you, and if you are not verified, you will need to submit the Account Recovery form again. You can do this up to 2 times every 24 hours.

It's important to note that Microsoft Support will not be able to grant you access to your account, you will be sent back to the Account Recovery pages that have been linked above.

If your Microsoft account recovery request was not granted or was unsuccessful, please click the attached link for more information: https://support.microsoft.com/office/dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53

While it might not be the outcome you are looking for, if you’re unsuccessful in recovering your account, then you will need to create a new Microsoft account. You can do that by clicking this link: https://signup.live.com/

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards,

Rodrigo
  4. wauters Win User

I have been perma suspended

last question would i have to send in a case review or do I just wait for my account be unsuspended?
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

My hotmail account that is linked to my Xbox profile has been temporarily suspended & I can't sign in with my Xbox profile

Sign into your account at account.microsoft.com and it should pop up a box that tells you what you need to do to get your Hotmail account unsuspended.
  6. Stealthygamer87 Win User

I was wrongfully suspended from communications

I hope my account gets unsuspended. ()
Thema:

1. Xbox will not unsuspend my account no matter what I do - Similar Threads - unsuspend account matter

2. Can y'all unsuspend me bc my account got hacked and it was not my fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can y'all unsuspend me bc my account got hacked and it was not my fault: My account got hacked and it was not my fault and it says I'm suspended for a year and I can't play online 59529aed-7b95-4366-b3ac-b4909cb8922c
  3. How do I get my Microsoft rewards account unsuspended

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get my Microsoft rewards account unsuspended: I've had my Microsoft rewards account suspended for about 3 years now and I've asked Microsoft several times to unsuspend my account, as I got suspended for changing my time an hour backward or...
  4. I need my account unsuspended

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need my account unsuspended: On december 1st someone with an ireland ip address tried to access my account (i didn't notice this until a week or so later) and since then my microsoft rewards account was suspended. I have sent...
  5. So is there anyway to unblock or unsuspend my xbix account after its been hacked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    So is there anyway to unblock or unsuspend my xbix account after its been hacked?: My xbbox account had been hacked back in June of 2023 57e3943a-840c-47e1-a16f-730142fef0c1
  6. when will my permannt suspended indefinite account be unsuspended

in XBoX Accessibility
    when will my permannt suspended indefinite account be unsuspended: when will it get unsuspended i apeal it and Submitted it but got got denied i understand why i had got suspended befor that happen we were not talking nicely to eachother over a game he reported...
  7. I want my Xbox account unsuspended right now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want my Xbox account unsuspended right now.: I heard notifications on my phone about gamerscore and I was wondering who is doing it. I was like: "Who is doing that?". Then suddenly time is passing and a few times later i get a message saying...
  8. How to unsuspend my microsoft rewards account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to unsuspend my microsoft rewards account: on today, my microsoft rewards was suspended. Can someone please help me to unsupend my microsoft rewards account please I do not use any vpns f108632b-4773-4ced-8029-44e12d804926
  9. Can u unsuspend my account pleas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can u unsuspend my account pleas: unsuspend My account please I didn’t know the Xbox policy and I’m sorry e9d5830e-d61d-40f8-b426-dcc504ed80fb
  10. My Account Was Suspended and I Would Like To Unsuspend It.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Account Was Suspended and I Would Like To Unsuspend It.: Hello, my account was suspended from communications yesterday for using foul language in a private message that was sent to another user. Lots of complications have happened and I cannot contact...