Xbox Will not switch to tv HDMI input when Powered on

Discus and support Xbox Will not switch to tv HDMI input when Powered on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello, i recently bought an xbox and noticed when I power it on my tv doesnt switch to the corresponding HDMI input. Im convinced its not my TV, since... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KarmaKinetic, Dec 13, 2018.

1. KarmaKinetic
    KarmaKinetic Guest

hello,

i recently bought an xbox and noticed when I power it on my tv doesnt switch to the corresponding HDMI input. Im convinced its not my TV, since my nvidia shield does work correctly. Moreover, when I switch my Shield of it returns to TV, quite convenient.

does this very expensive piece of hardware called xbox not support this simple HDMI-CEC feature or am I missing something?

:)

KarmaKinetic, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Koop10010 Win User

Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

The Xbox One doesn't use HDMI-CEC. Everything simply uses infrared commands. So it's not going to automatically switch inputs to the right one. I suppose it could switch an input if the TV is already on and the code to power on the TV changes the input
    if the TV is already on.
  3. JennRal Win User

Fingers crossed this happens.

Been scouring the internet trying to find how to do this. I love that my tv automatically switches to the proper input when I fire up my Roku, so I was hoping to be able to do the same with our Xbox’s. Input switching with my tv remote is pretty damn slow.
    I’m wasting precious game time 15 seconds at a time. 😜
  4. KarmaKinetic Win User

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Good news that it might be coming in the future.

Such a key feature on consoles imo, it's really a nuisance to have to switch manually every single time.
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

That is not a current feature of the xbox one as it is designed to be the hub of an entertainment system with devices being plugged into the HDMI in port on your console
  6. {Parity} Win User

No it does not support that currently but indications are that is a coming feature.
Thema:

1. Xbox Will not switch to tv HDMI input when Powered on - Similar Threads - switch HDMI input

2. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  3. My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...: My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV. I tried switching, cable, switching ports, switching tvs it's like it's not putting out a video signal is there anything I can do?...
  4. Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...: Powers up connects to tv hdmi but no screen tried different hdmi cable same issue 5c048e54-f1b6-465c-91aa-62f632199078
  5. Am I able to switch HDMI?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to switch HDMI?: I have a gaming console, and I was wondering if I could connect it via HDMI port to my PC monitor. (It has the W11 software). 10048e52-ef0f-4ec8-a9bc-cd98146dde44
  6. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  7. How can I switch to HDMI input on Windows 10 Monitor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I switch to HDMI input on Windows 10 Monitor: My HDMI connect to my Windows 10 pc and from my PlayStation 4 isn’t showing. How can I switch to the HDMI ? 9d27afcf-5b0f-49fb-9e31-f4d32c4204ff
  8. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox Series X, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted...
  9. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted 2....
  10. Has anyone used an HDMI switch for the HDMI input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone used an HDMI switch for the HDMI input?: I know this is a little odd but I'd like to be able to hook up two devices to the Xbox One. I know the console would only be able to control one device, I'm not concerned about that since i have...