Xbox will not power on.

Discus and support Xbox will not power on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, my son has the Xbox Series S. We had to replace the fan 9 months'ish ago and the Xbox has been fine since. Last week i purchased one of these -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Garry Richardson, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Xbox will not power on.

Hey, my son has the Xbox Series S. We had to replace the fan 9 months'ish ago and the Xbox has been fine since. Last week i purchased one of these - https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/accessories/hard-drives/seagate-expansion-card (1Tb) and it seems to be installed ok and all is good.

But now, every morning the xbox will not power on. When we press the xbox power button, the light comes on for 5 seconds then goes off. We have to pull the power cable out of the back for 30 seconds, re-connect it, then it powers on. We're doing this every day.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks

:)

Garry Richardson, Feb 12, 2024
  2. MagicTiger13 Win User

XBOX Power

I will certainly try that..thank you very much!
  3. NutsFathead Win User

xbox power

you could try plugging your console into another outlet to see if the issue persists? In addition, if your console is currently positioned vertically can you lay it on its side or vice versa? Let us know if that makes a difference!
  4. Panno92 Win User

Xbox power

Hi, as you have stated the xbox one S is multi-voltage and can use both UK and Japan voltage so yes you can simply buy a new power cable for the Japan or an adapter for Japanese sockets
  5. TrevorAlexander3 Win User

Xbox no power

Thank you for your response. Since my post I have borrowed a power supply and my xbox fired up no problem only to be at an update screen yet again. Do you have any information about these small updates? They are causing me so many frustrations.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox not powering on

Hi,

As mentioned, your console could be overheating and preventing startup. It’s also possible that there’s a fault with the power supply, or another hardware issue - if this is the case, the console needs a service repair and/or the power supply needs to be replaced.

First make sure your console is well ventilated and not in a confined space. Refer to:

Preparing space for your console

Try the troubleshooting steps here:

Xbox console won’t turn on | Xbox Support

Reset Xbox One power supply | Xbox Support

If your Xbox console also unexpectedly turns off:

Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off | Xbox Support

If you tried powering on your Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the controller, press the power button on the console itself. I would also suggest trying another controller. If you’re using a wireless controller, try powering the console on with a wired one if possible.

If this issue persists contact support

Hopefully this helps! :)
Thema:

Xbox will not power on.

1. Xbox will not power on. - Similar Threads - power

2. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  3. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  4. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  5. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  6. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  7. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn on normally after a power surge: Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to the electrical company changing some cables...
  8. Xbox One X powers off after ~3 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X powers off after ~3 seconds: I recently purchased an Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition) off of a guy on Facebook. It was a very fair price and the guy said the only problem with it was something having to do with either the power...
  9. Xbox series X power cycles my modem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power cycles my modem: First time xbox owner bought a brand new series x today and when I connected it to the internet my modem powers itself off then when it reboots the xbox gets 900mbps for a few minutes drops to...
  10. Xbox series x without power your dreams logo

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x without power your dreams logo: I bought last week brand new Xbox series x And when I open it I didn't found the power your dreams solgan in the console This is new packaging in Xbox or not ? Thanks...