Xbox wifi connection by smartphone tethering or internet key

Discus and support Xbox wifi connection by smartphone tethering or internet key in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I bought xbox console a few mounths ago, and regularly connected it to internet through hotspot on my phone or via an internet key with a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DodyIbrido, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DodyIbrido
    DodyIbrido Guest

Hello,

I bought xbox console a few mounths ago, and regularly connected it to internet through hotspot on my phone or via an internet key with a mobile sim. After a while I noticed that the connection did not always happen on the first try, but after trying several
    times. Now it just doesn't happen anymore. I tried in every way, even to change telephone operator. The only way I can connect is via cable or through a normal modem. What should I do? Do you advise me to reset everything? Or can it be a hardware defect? thank
    you

:)

DodyIbrido, Jun 19, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

I went through a period of having to use hotspot tethering for internet on my console for a few months. I had unlimited data through AT&T and I had this exact same problem where the console stops connecting automatically and eventually doesn't connect/takes
    a really long time to connect. I just dealt with it and was patient and tried to get it to connect a lot and it normally eventually did.

The problem is the streaming and internet speed from the phone to console is incredibly unreliable when using a mobile network for internet versus using Wi-Fi or a wired connection. In a sense, its just not powerful enough to effectively and reliably connect
    to the console for long periods of time for both streaming speed and data usage. Incredible data usage, which happens when hotspot tethering, causes the speed for internet and streaming to slow drastically. You may have reached your data caps and the streaming
    speeds are just so slow there's virtually no connection to be had.

Here's a few things that may help.

http://www.gamechup.com/microsoft-recommends1-5-mbps-minimum-broadband-speed-for-xbox-one/

A video about hotspot tethering on console https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGebHut4FBE

https://kotaku.com/can-your-network-handle-the-optimal-xbox-one-experien-511780190

Nothing is wrong with your Xbox its just the internet service.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

4. CarringtonTV Win User

Xbox 1 and Network Tethering.

It would be useful if M made it if you could on Xbox 1 (and Xbox 360) allowed you to tether your smartphone or cell phone to your console
    I don't know about the 360, but the Xbox One can connect to wireless networks, and should be able to to tether to your smartphone or mobile hotspot.
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

Now I'm on the Fence

It won't need to connect 24/7, just once a day or something for single player games. If you have a phone that allows WiFi tethering you can use that also when you visit grandfolks. Pretty much any smartphone will do that nowadays.
  6. 4297f9a3-1dfb-4130-8 Win User

NAT type

Unfortunately, the network connection on a smartphone is not configurable the way a broadband router is, and it's not really possible to manipulate the NAT settings for a tethered connection like that.
Thema:

1. Xbox wifi connection by smartphone tethering or internet key - Similar Threads - wifi connection smartphone

2. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  3. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi: For most of the year, I had my series S connected to my university's wifi because I live in the dorms here. I had to approve its MAC address at the beginning of the year, and it worked fine....
  6. Cant connect to my wifi (xbox one s)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to my wifi (xbox one s): I cant connect to my wifi. Ive been able to connect it before but since 4 days it hasnt been connected to the wifi. Ive tried restarting both devices it doesnt work. It gives me the same erroe...
  7. Xbox one I forgot the model it's the white sideways one won't connect to wifi but my tablet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one I forgot the model it's the white sideways one won't connect to wifi but my tablet...: I have a xbox one and when i tried to playing again today, i wasn't connected to the wifi. It may have been i unplugged it for my other Xbox for undertale, but I doubt it. When I click "connect to...
  8. My xbox won't connect to any wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox won't connect to any wifi network: My xbox series s won't connect to any wifi network. Home internet, mobile hotspot, neighbors. Please help submitted by /u/PooterScooter0 [link] [comments]
  9. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  10. How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?: bought the Xbox 360 model e for my son and he can’t connect to WiFi because Xbox shut down their 360 servers so I need to know before I buy this WiFi adapter for the Xbox...