Xbox Voice Control and the Latest Update.

Discus and support Xbox Voice Control and the Latest Update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In the Fall 2017 Update it seems like Voice control was over simplified to the point of unusable. There is literally no use for the kinect at all.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oscar219 Tyler, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Xbox Voice Control and the Latest Update.

In the Fall 2017 Update it seems like Voice control was over simplified to the point of unusable. There is literally no use for the kinect at all.

This was not a good update at all. The way the Dashboard looks, The oversized fonts, the glow effects in selections, the fact I cant say "Xbox Select" and the way that Guide functions now is horrible.

I would like like an option to rollback this update to the previous version as it was easier to use and more pleasing to the eye.

:)

Oscar219 Tyler, Oct 20, 2017
  2. There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

The latest update patch notes mention continued improvements to the Kinect's voice commands and motion controls - that means 2 things: (1) they're definitely working on it & (2) it WILL get better. Xbox Voice Control and the Latest Update. ;)

Galactic Geek, Oct 20, 2017
  3. TENNEY1224
    TENNEY1224 Guest
    Xbox one voice commands, or lack there of

Since the latest update, I can no longer use my Kinect to navigate and control my apps like I used to. This is a problem because I rely on these hands free voice commands, and I can't be the only one. It's the biggest reason i purchased the Xbox one over the
    PS4. I am paralyzed from the shoulders down, so using a controller is not really an option. What was the reason for consistently taking away more and more of the voice controls?

TENNEY1224, Oct 20, 2017
  4. onyx024
    onyx024 Guest

I couldnt agree more with the voice commands! I can get to the friends menu but cant expand the menu, also cant invite friends to party anymore by voice.

Kind of sucks! Hopefully they look into this in the future.

onyx024, Oct 22, 2017
  5. onyx024 Win User

I couldnt agree more with the voice commands! I can get to the friends menu but cant expand the menu, also cant invite friends to party anymore by voice.

Kind of sucks! Hopefully they look into this in the future.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

The latest update patch notes mention continued improvements to the Kinect's voice commands and motion controls - that means 2 things: (1) they're definitely working on it & (2) it WILL get better. ;)
  7. zmaster2XXX Win User

Constantly lost connection with gamepads

Are the controllers updated to the latest software? https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter
  8. Jedi SLEEPAH Win User

console dash update

9. J.R.G. Win User

"That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

With the latest 1405 update, gestures and voice commands are running even smoother.

Peace, J.R.
Thema:

1. Xbox Voice Control and the Latest Update. - Similar Threads - Voice Control Latest

2. Xbox voice control keeps opening apps while im talking to friends using my kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox voice control keeps opening apps while im talking to friends using my kinect.: I was in the middle of a game of Fortnite talking to my teammate, and xbox kinect opened a app, and then my game closed, how do i stop xbox kinect's voice control from doing this?...
  3. Voice commands for volume control not working but it says it is but nothing happens can any...

in XBoX on Windows
    Voice commands for volume control not working but it says it is but nothing happens can any...: 3 days ago my echo dote and xbox one are connected and manage to controll TV voloume but yesterday it has stopped working my TV is Panasonic TX-P42S30B and my TV control is t1406 everything is...
  4. Game sound not playing through one controller, voice chat works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sound not playing through one controller, voice chat works: Hello! I have an Xbox series x and two Microsoft controllers. I have a 3.5 audio jack headset with mic that works on my black controller for all audio and voice chat. The same headset when plugged...
  5. Static noise for my friends in Voice chat in fortnite, on wired controller.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Static noise for my friends in Voice chat in fortnite, on wired controller.: So, i join my friends party in a game on my wired controller, but as soon as i plug in the mic into the controller it starts making a static noise continuously making that sound. But when i go on...
  6. Parental control text without voice.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental control text without voice.: Hi, I’m trying to work out a friendly way of allowing my child to play on among us without opening them up to the potential of bad voice communication from strangers. The only controls I can find...
  7. Add Press To Talk / Voice Control Settings Please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add Press To Talk / Voice Control Settings Please.: Some mics are better then other, but still 90% of all sounds coming from consoles mics are not needed for gaming. Also, there should be settings for limiters, EQ and compressors for voice. I use...
  8. Repeated Xbox Controller Fault - Mic Not Picking Up Voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repeated Xbox Controller Fault - Mic Not Picking Up Voice: Hello, I have a repeated issue where my microphone on my headset stops working permanently. I have completed ALL the guides on fixing headset issues, I have followed all steps on these forums,...
  9. Voice command control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Voice command control: Hii i have a little feedback and wanted to know what ppl thought ....its just a microphone on the game pad to use basic commands like change weapon or attack..retreat etc...
  10. Voice control via Alexa no longer works in certain video apps.

in XboX Insiders
    Voice control via Alexa no longer works in certain video apps.: Xbox pause and xbox play no longer work on the Amazon video application(only one I've noticed so far). The XBox receives the command and responds "can't do that here" which would make sense in a...