Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

Discus and support Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So lately i’ve been running into major issues with my xbox one S. It’s been using 250+ MB every minute (data downloads, auto updates, etc are off, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by APOTHIIX, Sep 6, 2019.

  1. APOTHIIX
    APOTHIIX Guest

    Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??


    So lately i’ve been running into major issues with my xbox one S. It’s been using 250+ MB every minute (data downloads, auto updates, etc are off, and there are no apps running in the background according to my xbox). It’s never done this before. The console
    is completely up to date, and so are my games and apps. It’s only just started to do this over the past month or two. My monthly usage is usually only 150-250GB of Bandwidth a month for my console, and thats with YouTube and Netflix running 8+ hrs a day. Lately
    its been 500-800GB/month, and that’s under the same conditions. Does anyone know why this is happening? I’ve tried everything, including resetting the xbox and its still consuming a bunch of my Bandwidth.

    :)
     
    APOTHIIX, Sep 6, 2019
    #1
  2. pawncrackers Win User

    Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

    Can I ask where you are getting this information from? FYI, there is an information section in Settings > Network > Bandwidth Usage, that will tell you every instance of usage, when your console connects.

    Have you used the Microsoft Edge app on your console at all? If so, make sure to close all tabs that are in the background.

    Also, look at what resolution you are streaming video on. Sometimes YouTube vids that run in 4K can easily up the amount you use.

    Hope this helps,

    L
  3. APOTHIIX Win User

    Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

    I’ve been using my xbox’s bandwidth stats to see how much its been using. I have 4K enabled on my TV, just never watch YouTube in 4K. My xbox never started to use this much until recently (like 5 months ago). I rarely even play any games anymore, besides
    Minecraft because its been using so much bandwidth. And I never run Microsoft Edge, so unless its a program thats always running in the background, not sure if its causing it. Whats weird is my console uses almost 200mb/minute too, even when not running anything.
    Got auto updates, captures, etc off.
  4. APOTHIIX Win User

    Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

    Within this Troubleshooter is approximate usage of bandwidth and there have been various updates each month
    to the Latest XBox one operating system along with X360 BC games.
    That just brings me to a page about slow bandwidth. The issue isn’t slow internet. Its the fact of its using so much bandwidth. I mean heck, since 9/2/2019, its used 130+GB! And its only 9/7/2019. An xbox should not be doing that at all.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

    Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Is a consistent download speed of 0.01 a known issue?

    Do you have the ports for Xbox live open on your router? That would cause it to immediately fail with low amounts of bandwidth.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
Thema:

Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

Loading...
  1. Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth?? - Similar Threads - Using Mass Amounts

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  6. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  7. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  8. Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox one users able to use the “voice in clips” feature?: Just wondering, im on a xbox one s submitted by /u/Core_b7183 [link] [comments]
  9. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  10. use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360

    in XBoX on Consoles
    use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360: so, this is the situation as it were. im attempting to use an extra ipod classic i have laying around to back up mass content from my XB360 (capital sin i know, but i dont care) i tried doing a...