XBOX Updates need to adopt a 'Download and install later' option.

Discus and support XBOX Updates need to adopt a 'Download and install later' option. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Nothing is more infuriating when you're in the middle of a game and suddenly out of nowhere you are forced to update your console or 'Skip and stay... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Venusian_Aikido, Sep 10, 2020.

1. XBOX Updates need to adopt a 'Download and install later' option.

Nothing is more infuriating when you're in the middle of a game and suddenly out of nowhere you are forced to update your console or 'Skip and stay offline'.

Not sure what the computer wizzardy or technicalities are that prevent Microsoft from integrating a 'Download and install later' option but from one disgruntled player to another, it would definitely be a welcome sight by many other players.

Rant over. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Venusian_Aikido
    [link] [comments]

/u/Venusian_Aikido, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Goatsnatcher Win User

Just joined the Xbox One Family Thank You Phil Spencer

If its slow to install games you just have to install offline or choose the "update later" option when you install. The X1 will download any updates as it installs your game, so it can take a while if the update is a large one.
  3. ajthefinisher Win User

My black ops 4 disk won’t install

Before i start this post please say “bruh” so i know your not a bot thank you so my problem is everytime i try to download black ops 4 the disk downloads but when it says it needs a update the game it keeps stopping at 7% and it keeps saying installation
    stopped
    I won't say bruh lol

No worries... If u have hard drive connected remove it first then try to install. . One more convenient and best way to install the disc is to just insert the disc and when it asks if u want to install and update together .. In that option just use install
    and update later option. . Let the game finish installing and update the game after that... I too had few problems like that and this process solved it.
  4. MistaCelestial Win User

Black screen when attempting to load game

You need to uninstall the game, and then reinstall Overwatch. When you get the prompt that asks you to update, choose to finish later. Finish the install, and after that - download the update.
  5. vikingland1 Win User

Games are taking too long to install on the One S

I always install discs in (go offline) mode the xbox one installs the game and the updates at the same time which makes it slow. If I buy digital I hit the option to install updates later it helps.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Game Bar "Not Working", HOW to fix?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Georges C

I am a gamer and expert on the XBOX platform.

Hello Dman, in the last image you sent you have the option to install Update for version 21H1, you need to install this update and then do the later security updates, after the PC restart check that there are updates of the Xbox App in the Microsoft store.

Best regards,

Thema:

XBOX Updates need to adopt a 'Download and install later' option.

1. XBOX Updates need to adopt a 'Download and install later' option. - Similar Threads - Updates need adopt

2. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  3. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  4. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?: I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for updates through Windows Update and install...
  5. When is the big update? war thunder needs not going to lie

in XboX Insiders
    When is the big update? war thunder needs not going to lie: ?????? submitted by /u/TG_Swump_GXD [link] [comments]
  6. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  7. Help used Xbox not unregistered from insider program needs offline update

in XboX Insiders
    Help used Xbox not unregistered from insider program needs offline update: Hi, I purchased a used Xbox One on eBay that had an e100 error to repair with my daughter. It seemed like an easy repair but proving harder then expected. It looks like the issue is that the last...
  8. How to connect Xbox controller to my pc when it needs to be updated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect Xbox controller to my pc when it needs to be updated?: My Xbox series S|X controller needs to be updated, but I cant connect it to my pc with a USB cable because it says USB device not recognised by windows, my pc doesn't have Bluetooth so I cant...
  9. I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....: I have an Xbox and Microsoft flight simulator. When I start msfs, it shows that it needs an update When I click on « update », it shows that it can’t do the update And then when I retry to...
  10. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f