Xbox Update Preview still on (Pending) after I changed my preview tier from Alpha to Omega

Discus and support Xbox Update Preview still on (Pending) after I changed my preview tier from Alpha to Omega in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I had big trouble with the latest update from the Alpha Skip-Ahead and decided I would go back to the Omega tier. I changed, saved and then instead... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Icarusael, Jul 30, 2021.

1. /u/Icarusael
    /u/Icarusael Guest

Xbox Update Preview still on (Pending) after I changed my preview tier from Alpha to Omega

Hi, I had big trouble with the latest update from the Alpha Skip-Ahead and decided I would go back to the Omega tier. I changed, saved and then instead of having a Manage button, it said (Pending) forever. I read that it could take up to 72 hours to take effect, so I waited. Then while waiting for my turn for the Halo Infinite Technical Preview, I suddenly got an update which lead to a factory default reset. Good! My console is finaly reverting back to Omega! Xbox Update Preview still on (Pending) after I changed my preview tier from Alpha to Omega :) Once everything was done and the console ready to use, I noticed everything was sluggish and nothing would load, I proceeded to a complete shut off of the console, and when I turned it back on, everything seems fine. I opened the Xbox Insider App and what the hell? It still says: Console in Alpha Skip Ahead, Select this to manage enrolment. The thing is when I select this, all I get is that darn (Pending). What happened? What should I do? This whole insider program turned into a real mess, what is going on? I've been part of it for the past 7 years and never had any real troubles with it. What is this sudden mess?

submitted by /u/Icarusael
    [link] [comments]

/u/Icarusael, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Auxaze VRSD Win User

Mixer Broadcasting

I'm in the Preview Omega now, although I was in the Alpha before. I believe that was why I can't broadcast, since that preview group gives me frequent updates. Thanks.
  3. annix Win User

Updates with the Xbox insider program

Hi Luna!

I've definitely had a similar situation before come up, usually around 3am pacific time they will roll out Insiders Updates. One of the nice things about being an Insider is getting access to frequent updates and new features, but it can get annoying if
    you're receiving too many updates right when you need to be online. What I would suggest if perhaps lowering your Preview Ring tier. The tiers are as follows :

• Alpha – Open on an “invite only” basis and receives updates at the earliest point in the preview window.
    • Beta – Open to Xbox Insiders with a Program tenure of 3 or more months and an Xbox Insider XP Level of 5 or higher. This ring receives updates shortly after Alpha.
    • Delta – Open to any Xbox Insider with a tenure of 1 or more months that has reached Xbox Insider Level 2 or higher. Depending on certain edge cases where further attention is required from Alpha or Beta rings, Delta Insiders may receive
      system updates before Beta, though this is not a common scenario. Additionally, while early system updates are not guaranteed across the Delta ring, all Delta Insiders will receive the update prior to GA.
    • Omega – Open to anyone and receives system updates shortly before the GA (General Availability) release.
    If you are currently on Alpha or Beta, maybe lower yourself down to Delta or Omega? Those rings receive far less frequent updates, but still get some nice goodies ahead of everyone else. On Alpha I receive updates sometimes daily, but Delta and Omega receive
    them more like weekly or monthly.

You can make this change within the Xbox Insiders App on your Xbox, going to "Insider Content" then head to "Xbox One Update Preview" under "System" and select "Manage. If you'd like more information on this, check the link below. Cheers!

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-program
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

New menu

If you are part of the subset Alpha Skip Ahead preview that has the new Dashboard, use the Insider Hub and Manage option to change to a lower preview ring, eg Beta, Delta or Omega.

Or opt out of any previews and unenroll the console from any previews and install the General Availability public OS.

Be aware that changing previews or opting out will require a Factory refresh of the console. You will need the account details of any profile that uses the console.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox captures are completely broken?

Are you in a Insider preview ring?

If so, which ring. ASA, Alpha Beta or Omega?
  6. SoullessCodith Win User

Endless update loop

I have had 2 updates so far this week. I am in the alpha skip-ahead preview tier. It is unusual for me to not have at least one update a week.
Thema:

1. Xbox Update Preview still on (Pending) after I changed my preview tier from Alpha to Omega - Similar Threads - Update Preview still

2. Not getting update for omega Xbox preview

in XboX Insiders
    Not getting update for omega Xbox preview: I got a couple questions can I regain my tenure if I leave on accident thinking if I was leaving the Xbox update preview thing and also I’m not getting a mandatory update for Omega submitted by...
  3. Preview Beta update bricked my console...

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Beta update bricked my console...: I had recently made a post about my Xbox not recognizing any local wifi area networks, and now it's not accessing wifi despite being plugged in with an otherness cable directly. Internet works...
  4. Insiders Update Preview Delta Achievement Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Update Preview Delta Achievement Issue: I'm part of the Delta Ring of XBox preview, and just recently(within the past day or so,) my achievements are no longer popping up on screen when unlocking. I'm only getting the notification on my...
  5. Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox: My Xbox Series X console says it was last updated on 2 October 2023 OS Version: 10.0.25398.2258 (xb_flt_2309zn.230918-2000) Shell Version: 2309.0.2309.18001 I believe I am part of the Omega...
  6. Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories

in XboX Insiders
    Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories: I recently bought an Xbox elite controller and wanted to use the paddles as keyboard keys for forza horizon 5, however that's only an option for inside members, luckily I've been one for the past...
  7. Is the Xbox Update Preview worth getting now? or does it still cause a lot of issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Xbox Update Preview worth getting now? or does it still cause a lot of issues?: Have seen all the posts complaining about issues with it but nothing too recent, so was just curious. Also is it worth it? Are there any changes? submitted by /u/spies4 [link] [comments]
  8. I figured I could use a little help getting into Xbox Update Preview Alpha, currently in beta

in XboX Insiders
    I figured I could use a little help getting into Xbox Update Preview Alpha, currently in beta: Hello all! My name is Trey. I love betas. Something about being a part of making something is truly exciting for me. I have been an insider for 8 years now and I'm also a windows insider. I'm...
  9. How safe is the “xbox update preview”

in XboX Insiders
    How safe is the “xbox update preview”: I want to do the Xbox update preview but I’ve been put off since it says it might factory refresh my Xbox? But I don’t know if it will do it and erase all my stuff. Should I worry? I just want to...
  10. xbox update preview dashboard error

in XboX Insiders
    xbox update preview dashboard error: I wanted to get the new dashboard but didn’t get it and I applied like 1-2 weeks ago can anyone help? submitted by /u/darreniswanted [link] [comments]