Xbox update not working on dorm wifi

Discus and support Xbox update not working on dorm wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series S - 512gb that I got around may of this year. I'm living in a dorm right now that has a seperate wifi network for consoles.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaydonBunish, Jan 27, 2023.

1. JaydonBunish
    JaydonBunish Guest

I have an Xbox Series S - 512gb that I got around may of this year. I'm living in a dorm right now that has a seperate wifi network for consoles. Whenever my Xbox tries to update using the schools network it gives me an error message. The error message says "There was a problem with the update" and under suggestions it just says "Check network connection and try again." The error code is 0x80072EFE 0x00000000 0x9FFF0004 but sometimes the numbers will change slightly. I've gotten away with using a friends hotspot for the update before, but that isn't an option right now and I have to get a new password for my dorm WiFi every time I do that. Power cycling doesn't help and neither did a factory reset. I don't have access to the modem or any of the network settings for solutions that might involve that.

:)

JaydonBunish, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello JaydonBunish

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue in regard of updating your Xbox App and you encountered different error codes for this "0x80072EFE 0x00000000 0x9FFF0004" Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Is this the first time you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to browser via website to check if you really connected to the internet?
    I made research and went to Xbox website to find some solutions for the error codes that you encountered. The methods are as follows:

Method A. Restart the Modem Or Home Network

Method B. Check for the Xbox Status using the indicators below.

Method C. Redownload the content

On Xbox One

• Select My games & apps > See all > Queue.
    • Highlight the game or app you're trying to download.
    • If the status shows as Queued or Paused, select the game or app and press the Menu button , and then select Resume installation.
    On PC

• Open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select the ellipsis () in the top right corner.
    • Select My Library.
    • If the app says Install next to it, select that button. If it says Paused, select the Resume icon next to the download status bar.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jason Guer Win User

Hello JaydonBunish

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. WhiteNoobinja Win User

0x8004804E Error code, cant do anything on XBOX one

I have an Ethernet cable plugged directly into it from my dorm room. Its also connected to my computer, 360, ps3 ect and they all work just fine. I tried using the wifi but that didn't work either.
  5. Arminator Win User

CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK

Is your router using certain security settings? Like only allowing known MAC addresses to join the WiFi? Or are you using a special WiFi authentication method that's different from WEP/WPA? For example, if you live in an apartment complex or student dorm,
    where you need to enter special credentials to connect to the WiFi?

What exact make and model is your WiFi access point?
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Additional authentication

Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page,
    where you had to authenticate your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.
Thema:

1. Xbox update not working on dorm wifi - Similar Threads - update working dorm

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  4. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?: I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for updates through Windows Update and install...
  5. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  6. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  7. I have the offline update ready but it wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    I have the offline update ready but it wont work: The hard drive on my xbox stop working so I got a external hard drive and I formatted it to the nofct or something like that and now it says that I can do a offline update I have the files ready...
  8. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  9. Xbox one X issue, worked and then didn’t after update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X issue, worked and then didn’t after update: So my brother in law passed away 3 months ago and I just turned his Xbox on yesterday and it said there was an update so I allowed it to do its thing and then when it was complete about 20 minutes...
  10. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...