Xbox update effecting my storage

Discus and support Xbox update effecting my storage in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello Xbox, I recently came back to my Xbox after a week of not playing, the October update made a few changes and I've been experiencing issues... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sinister_bred, Oct 12, 2023.

  1. Xbox update effecting my storage


    Hello Xbox,



    I recently came back to my Xbox after a week of not playing, the October update made a few changes and I've been experiencing issues with my storage unit. my Xbox (despite it being plugged in) does not read my External Storage unit as connected. it is 1 TB and it was working just fine prior to the update. if there is anything you can do to help please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Sinister_bred
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Sinister_bred, Oct 12, 2023
    #1
  2. AtrociousOnPC Win User

    My Xbox one isn't installing when off

    **UPDATE** I just checked my settings again and this time in the power settings under the checkbox where it says turn on xbox with voice... there is another checkbox that says "Turn off storage when the xbox is off". Uncheck the storage box... not sure
    yet if it will have any effect on the issue but it's worth trying.
  3. taidara Win User

    Unable to download content on 360

    The Xbox system update uses a different storage method and therefore, is not affected just by clearing the Xbox system cache.

    Clearing the Xbox system cache will effectively remove cached data and previously downloaded title updates.

    [quote user="MatrixofLiberty"]No luck. My buddies profile has problems when transferred to my console.[/quote]Did you try this method by connecting your console to a different network? For example, at your buddies house?
  4. Christyna64 Win User

    You owe me a Division 2 exotic

    You can set your console to Manual Updates only so this doesn't happen again. This gives you the option to be notified there is an update available, and you can decide when you're ready to install the update. This also works with games as well. My console
    storage is at capacity so I need to monitor what is updated, and setting my console to manual updates really helps me managage my console effectively.

    You can learn how here.

    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/settings-updates/update-xbox-one-console
  5. BulletsAlwaysWn Win User

    wtf update Dec 6th 2011

    the update should be in effect My Xbox just updated. the new dashboard looks sweet.
  6. RenegadeChicken Win User

    Unwanted Deadrising3 update - 13Gb!

    I don't think the 13GB of data effects your console's storage. I think the update was stored on the cloud, so you got nothing to worry about. I'm not entirely sure though.
Thema:

Xbox update effecting my storage

Loading...
  1. Xbox update effecting my storage - Similar Threads - update effecting storage

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.261001-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.261001-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  4. October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261001-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261001-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261001-2200) Feel...
  5. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  6. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  7. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200) Feel...
  8. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  9. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830) Feel...
  10. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200) Feel...