Xbox update after reset Member of insider Hub

Discus and support Xbox update after reset Member of insider Hub in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have reset my xbox one x to sell on and have reset it to factory settings. I did not know that I had to leave the insider program to update the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mrjackson90, Dec 11, 2020.

1. mrjackson90
    mrjackson90 Guest

I have reset my xbox one x to sell on and have reset it to factory settings.

I did not know that I had to leave the insider program to update the xbox correctly and now all i get is error messages when trying to sort if out.

can anyone help

i now have a bricked one x which was working perfectly before factory reset.

this isnt acceptable

:)

mrjackson90, Dec 11, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Having trouble with apps

Hi there,

The Insider Program is where you enroll your Xbox to test preview updates before they go live. Since the factory reset did not work, I suggest uninstalling and then re-installing the apps that are not working.

If that doesn't help and the hard reset and power cycle did not help, then you may need to keep trying a factory reset until the apps begin to work.

You can report problems through the Xbox Insider Hub App since this seems to have happened after your Xbox updated.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Remove Xbox One X from Insider/Developer builds.

"it isn't connected to the Xbox account that is logged on to the xbox, but tied to the hardware"

True, to my understanding, but after the console is factory reset and reinitializes with an account to complete any updates, even if the console updates to an Insider preview, all thats required is to download the Insider Hub from the Store, run it and remove the console from any preview it may have been in.

Once you remove the console, using the Insider Hub, from a preview it will reset once again, and should be on the GA release OS for Xbox.

You will need your account info.
  4. CKret Win User

XBox One Black Screen of Death.

A full reset is no longer possible since all I get is a black screen.

I can't get into the "service menu" to do a full reset.

Yes I was a member of XBox Insider program.

I'll try hte Insider Hub.

Regards,

Sani Singh Huttunen
  5. JFate777 Win User

I need to leave the insider program

Go inside the Insider Hub app on your Xbox. Leave all programs including system updates, and beta tests. You should be fine after that.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Trouble with updates?

Hi Damian,

This may be an obvious question, but during all your troubleshooting, did you ever power cycle the Xbox and reset the power unit? Basically unplugging it for a few minutes after a hard reset?

Even if you don't see any performance issues, the system update still seems to be incorrectly downloaded based on what your status page says.

Have you tried an offline system update again, or possibly even try to download the update somewhere else? Just to rule out any connection issues.

I suggest also reporting this bug to the Xbox team through the Xbox Insiders Hub app and you can send a screenshot of that system update status page:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem
Thema:

1. Xbox update after reset Member of insider Hub - Similar Threads - update reset Member

2. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. My Series S is stuck in update mode, is resetting the only way out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S is stuck in update mode, is resetting the only way out?: My Xbox Series S automatically tried to update this weekend. It has got stuck on 3 of 3; 'Applying'. It will go no further. This happens when I try to update from the cloud, AND when I try to...
  5. My Xbox will not update and I've factory reset it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox will not update and I've factory reset it: My Xbox one was unplugged during a Xbox update and now won't update , and I've factory reset an will won't update 032fcd1d-831b-4a67-94d9-75cbf788c99c
  6. Why did my MW2 progress reset following Nov. 2nd 2023 update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my MW2 progress reset following Nov. 2nd 2023 update?: My rank has been reset to 0. I no longer have access to player skins, my captured souls reset when I was over 600. I still have my Ranked Play skin equipped but cannot change it. I still have all...
  7. Xbox won't sign in to live, did restore per microsoft, now wont update after the reset and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't sign in to live, did restore per microsoft, now wont update after the reset and...: Xbox was fine. Play daily. Haven’t played for a few days, turned on, couldn’t access gamepass games, told me to log in as payed user. I was. Restarted, removed and re added wifi, still no good....
  8. Series X started shutting off and resetting due to Insider Skip Ahead update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X started shutting off and resetting due to Insider Skip Ahead update?: So my original Series x starting shutting down and restarting two days ago no matter what game I was playing so all the online forums said it was overheating so I started and shipped to MS repair#...
  9. Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset: After attempting to install latest update on my Series X it no longer works, I'm currently out for warranty since it's a first Gen. Why am I required to pay $300 to repair something I did not...
  10. i factory reset my xbox and is telling me there was a problem with the update

in XBoX on Consoles
    i factory reset my xbox and is telling me there was a problem with the update: i factory reset my xbox and is telling me there was a problem with the update 5f38cd62-5b16-4ca5-b77b-8c9d764670b4