: Xbox Unable to turn TV on

Discus and support : Xbox Unable to turn TV on in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Unable to turn TV on Hi, i have bought a 40” Philips TV 40PFT5883/98. It is connected to my Xbox One using Xbox’s default HDMI cable. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Kaiseidon, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Kaiseidon
    Kaiseidon Guest

Hi,

i have bought a 40” Philips TV 40PFT5883/98. It is connected to my Xbox One using Xbox’s default HDMI cable.

I tried using the auto detect feature in the Settings app, but the ‘Vol Up’ and ‘Mute’ commands are unable to control the TV. As for the TV remote, there are no codes written on the TV remote.

Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Kaiseidon, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Redbulluci Win User

Sleep timer

Ok. I need a sleep timer! My TV turns off every night at 2am. But when I wake up, I am unable to say "Xbox On" because the console is already on, but the TV is off. So I still have to use my TV remote control to turn on the TV. I taught my whole family
    how to turn on the xbox system with just voice. But even this doesn't work now (at least in the morning). It was funny. I kept hearing everyone yell "xbox on!" "xbox turn on!" "xbox watch TV". It was pretty annoying and loud. Then I finally turned around
    and said, "get the tv remote please"

Now I'm thinking. Is there a snooze button on the xbox one with Xbox Music? This would essentially turn of the console after inactivity, then my TV and my Receiver will turn off too. This could work! I'll try it out tonight.
  3. Niixx Win User

(0x8027025a) Live TV error code help please

Having same problem... Was working turning on/off all devices and watching TV fine. Left it off for about a day (thanksgiving), now no devices turn on or off with the console and when trying to watch TV it's returning error "For some reason TV took too
    long to start (0x8027025a)" I'm also unable to adjust any settings for the TV or other devices, receiving this same error when attempting to access the settings menu for TV & Xbox One Guide.
  4. escott0 Win User

TV worked after setup, but not working now... (error 0x8027025a)

I have the same issue, and the console seems unable to turn on the TV or DirecTV box on startup, even though it recognizes them both in the Settings. When I power them on manually, the console still doesn't receive a TV signal.
  5. P. Kaak Win User

TV Turns off when turning xbox on

Guess you have set up the xbox to turn on the tv and receiver. So it tries to do that when it is turned on (Xbox cannot sense that it is already on).

Your tv model responds to turn on/off with the same infrared signal. So when it is on, it will turn off and vice versa with the same command. That's not a fault/problem from the xbox but from the tv manufacturer.

So two options:

- always turn on the tv by turning on the xbox and turn the tv off by turning the xbox off

- or do not let the xbox turn on your tv and do that manually
  6. Zhumen-544CAF0C-D1E4 Win User

Instant on, game resume

Me too... but I having a bigger problem now with turning on my Xbox One with instant on and with TV turn on features. when everything is "off" TV and Xbox, I say "Xbox, ON" Xbox lights up but most times it keeps blinking and will not turn on my Samsung Smart
    TV and even the Kinect and Xbox won't boot up. I have to hard restart the Xbox but I still have to turn on my TV Manually, but when I do that and the Xbox calls for the TV to be Turned on it actually turns the TV off. I Never Had this Problem before.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Unable to turn TV on - Similar Threads - Unable turn

2. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  3. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  4. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  5. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  6. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  7. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  8. Unable to place order

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to place order: For the past few days I've been trying to order a custom controller through the design lab everytime I check out it keeps saying Unable to place order I made the controller using the favorite...
  9. Unable to turn on the Match Game background feature.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to turn on the Match Game background feature.: The new baseboard has rolled out and I'm unable to find a toggle to let me turn on the Match Game background option. I've looked through the settings and still can't seem to find the toggle for...
  10. Unable to turn off auto-renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to turn off auto-renew: I subscribed to Xbox Gamepass for PC but when I try to turn off auto-renew I encounter an error. I waited for hours and tried again but nothing changed. [img] 711efaac-c718-45a5-a3ec-d30216db8994