Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features

Discus and support Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has an Xbox One S and has just become a teenager; the set-up on the Xbox is me as the parent and my son is a family member. Independently, a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Avantimer, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Avantimer
    Avantimer Guest

Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features

My son has an Xbox One S and has just become a teenager; the set-up on the Xbox is me as the parent and my son is a family member. Independently, a user account was created for my son on the EA website when he became a teenager, not currently linked to
    a parent.

Issue

We have a problem with EA games on the Xbox when trying to sign-in to the online features e.g. N4S and FIFA.

For example, Need for Speed was downloaded on the Xbox. When the game is opened my son is asked to upgrade to a teen account, a three stage process. We cannot get passed stage 1.

We are presented with two actions

1. 'please take a few minutes to update your account so it is no longer limited by a parental account'

I assume this is in Xbox? what changes? why? Xbox knows my son is a teenager

2. Input my son's email address

says 'duplicate email', I assume this is because my son already has an EA account

The result is we cannot move to stage 2.

Subsequently, I tried to make a connection from my son's EA account to the Xbox but his Microsoft account was not accepted, my Microsoft account was.

Stage 1. email address input now reads 'invalid address'. We still cannot move to stage 2.

Please advise

:)

Avantimer, Dec 19, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

EA Access - shared multiplayer access on Xbox One with Live subscription

Hello Mantermite,

You can create an EA account for him as he should have it anyway. Once created try accessing the multiplayer features with how you got it set up. If he is unable to access the multiplayer still then the home sharing feature isn't working with the EA. There
    is no definite guide for this as it is an EA subscription.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

battlefield 3 says player is too young to play

EA have an age restriction for online play in their titles, you will need to wait until the account holder reaches the appropriate age to access online features for this specific game.

There is no way to change the age of the account holder, it is set upon creation of the account and is not adjustable.
  4. Mark Keller1 Win User

My son downloaded Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 and neither will let him log onto Multiplayer.

Failed to connect to ea online.

Online features will be unavailable. Please try again.

Please check ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information.

It's the screen you get anytime the servers are offline.

I have set up his ea play account also. My fear is that because he is a child account as part of my family account that is blocking him but that is a guess.
  5. Knowitall(2) Win User

How can I stop son from purchasing.

Only "Child Accounts and Teen Accounts" accesses can be altered by the "Parental Account." If the account your child uses was set up as an "adult account" the only way to block access is to monitor your child's activity yourself.

For information regarding parental settings/child settings please see this link to the Xbox Support page relating to these options:

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
  6. Frathos Win User

Child account cannot go online.

EA games may have more stringent restrictions preventing child accounts from playing online. Star Wars Battlefront 2 is ESRB rated Teen so if your child is not yet a teen then that may be why the account cannot play the game online.

I'll note that once the age has been set on the Microsoft child account then it must age naturally until it reaches 18 (20 in Japan and South Korea) and you will unlikely be able to change the age to get around age restrictions.
Thema:

1. Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features - Similar Threads - Unable Set Teen

2. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  3. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  4. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  5. unable to set a custom profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to set a custom profile picture: hello i heard people have to be at least 18 years old to set a custom picture i turned 18 not long ago, and i still cant do anything.. any help? cdaffa52-39c2-4719-9adb-9460fd0631be
  6. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  7. Unable to set "home Xbox" none of the expected options are available

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to set "home Xbox" none of the expected options are available: I received this Xbox from a friend on 11/28/21. Since then the "My home Xbox" box says (0 of 5 switches left). If I click the "Make this my home Xbox" checkbox, a checkmark is added to the box...
  8. Unable to save changes when setting account as my home xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to save changes when setting account as my home xbox: [img] Been game sharing with a friend for years and have set his account as my home Xbox several times throughout those years from doing factory resets or getting a new Xbox. Had to factory...
  9. Unable to set screen time to 12:30 am

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to set screen time to 12:30 am: There appears to be a bug in the Xbox family app. It will not let me choose 12:30 am for the start or end time. This means I cannot set a range from 12:00 am to 12:30 am or from 12:30 am to 1:00...
  10. I am unable to access the privacy settings.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to access the privacy settings.: I am using the xbox game pass on pc, and while trying to access certain games on xcloud (Fortnite), I get the following error: Can't do this because of how your account is set up. Either enter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does it say duplicate email on battlefront2

2. EA account Xbox family settings