Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.

Discus and support Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I used the twitch app on my xbox one s every single day, never had much of a problem with it. The other day on the official xbox channel (and more and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CDMTX, Feb 2, 2023.

1. CDMTX
    CDMTX Guest

I used the twitch app on my xbox one s every single day, never had much of a problem with it. The other day on the official xbox channel (and more and more channels) I was told I needed to verify my phone number on twitch in order to interact in the channel. I put it off for weeks as I didn't want to link my phone. Today I broke down and finally verified the phone number so I could again feel like part of the xbox channel community. Then I go get on my xbox, load up the twitch app, and everything is different. It's like the version of the app changed from whatever was originally on there to a mobile version as soon as I linked my phone. I had to relink my twitch account on my xbox, and now everytime I try to chat it says I have to use my phone instead of just using my controller. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and it just reloads this different version. So my question is, what the heck is going on? Is there a way to change things back to the way they were, or am I stuck using my phone (which I won't be doing) now?

:)

CDMTX, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello CDMTX, according to your description, there may have been some kind of error when verifying the number, the ideal would be to contact Twitch support through the link below.

https://help.twitch.tv/s/contactsupport?languag...
  3. Aidan8400 Win User

I can't link my twitch account to my Xbox account on PC

Confirmed this issue as well. When trying to link my account on Xbox console and thru Xbox PC/app, when I enter in the code to verify twitch, it spins and never finishes.

After reading this forum, I tried connecting through the Xbox app on iphone, and it auto-connected to my twitch account.

Currently connecting via your phone app seems to be the only way. Hopefully Microsoft fixes this soon.
  4. Makapuu-[xboxvenue] Win User

Xbox app messages

Hey again everyone!

Sorry to hear you're still running into trouble with the Xbox app. Can you please share the version number of iOS you're currently running?
    I am still having this problem after verifying my phone number and uninstalling/reinstalling. I'm using an iPhone 7+ on iOS 10.2.
  5. quickgater Win User

"Xbox Broadcast" - How To Use?

I unsnap the twitch app and close it. After that I find that you cannot use any apps in snap mode, the twitch app no longer will open and when you try to turn the xbox off the screen goes off but the Xbox doesn't turn off you just see the lights stay on.
  6. BeardedxPostman Win User

Xbox, Twitch app

Unfortunately, in all of their infinite wisdom, twitch have decided to make it no longer possible to chat on the console app. This is why the qr code opens the app on your phone. They don't want people to chat on consoles or tv apps anymore. Also now on my Xbox app I cant enter full screen. I'm forced to open the edge browser and watching twitch on there.
Thema:

1. Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number. - Similar Threads - Twitch App longer

2. Twitch app took too long to start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Twitch app took too long to start.: Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account...
  3. Is the twitch app broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the twitch app broken?: Over the last few months, I've e gone from being able to stream for hours without isdue. To now maybe being able to stream for am hour and then everytime I restart my broadcast afterwards, It...
  4. Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s: Hi everyone. Every time I try to stream from the Twitch app on Xbox the audio from my headset doesn't work even though on the Twitch settings before you go live it shows the mic is on and the...
  5. Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?: So this has been going on for a month now. When ever i stream. The game audio pops and stutters contantly. I was in contact with twitch support who directed me here. Example:...
  6. Xbox, Twitch app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox, Twitch app: I want to know how I can type in my followed twitch streamers chat on the Xbox one, Twitch app, I searched for solutions, But only get results for completly different problems, I Already tried,...
  7. Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?: The new Xbox-Twitch integration doesn't work. I was kicked out of game multiple times in 30 minutes until I gave up the stream. Switched to broadcasting from the Twitch app with a flawless result....
  8. The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream: I haven't streamed in a while and now the app doesn't work for some reason. I looked up the error code and it said it had something to do with 2fa but I have that enabled. I have disabled and...
  9. Twitch app crashes and external ssd drive no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch app crashes and external ssd drive no longer works: I got this problem only with the twitch app Today the app crashed again and shut down my Xbox Series s immediately like always if twitch is freezing. The power lamp blinks 2 times then shut...
  10. (Xbox Insider) No longer can include party chat audio in Twitch broadcasting app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Xbox Insider) No longer can include party chat audio in Twitch broadcasting app?: Insider member here! I have a question regarding "party chat" in the Twitch app. I was happy to see that it was included in the app after the request for it. However, it seems with the latest...