Xbox turns on then turns off. Tried resetting 4 times now the fan is loud

Discus and support Xbox turns on then turns off. Tried resetting 4 times now the fan is loud in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S turns on for a second then turns off. I tried power resetting it (held the power button for 15 seconds) 4 times. I also tried plugging... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nate2005, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Nate2005
    Nate2005 Guest

My Xbox One S turns on for a second then turns off. I tried power resetting it (held the power button for 15 seconds) 4 times. I also tried plugging out the power cord 2 times. It turned on for a little over 4 seconds this time instead of it only being on for 1 second. I unplugged the power cord out of the console for the 3rd try and now the fan is going crazy loud. Any fixes?

:)

Nate2005, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Nate2005 Win User

The fan problem stopped, but the Xbox won’t even turn on anymore. Is this a sign I need to get a new xbox
  3. Nate2005 Win User

I do not have an external hard drive plugged into it. I also tried plugging it into a different wall socket. Same thing happens, fan goes super loud and Xbox only turns on for a second then turns off
  4. Francia J. Win User

5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Seems like you have performed all the necessary steps, Nate2005. Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well.

Also, please try using a different wall socket.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for the detailed information and I apologize for the trouble. Let's then try accessing the troubleshooter page wherein we will try to reset the console keeping games and apps to remove any corrupted file that may be causing it.

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
Thema:

1. Xbox turns on then turns off. Tried resetting 4 times now the fan is loud - Similar Threads - turns turns off

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  8. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  9. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  10. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...