Xbox Turns on randomly throughout the day without input from me

Discus and support Xbox Turns on randomly throughout the day without input from me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At random times throughout the day my Xbox One will turn on randomly. I'll hear the sound of it powering up as if I hovered over the "On" button. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steeze Muffins, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Xbox Turns on randomly throughout the day without input from me

At random times throughout the day my Xbox One will turn on randomly. I'll hear the sound of it powering up as if I hovered over the "On" button. Is there a fix for this or am i just going to have to unplug my Xbox unless I'm using it?

:)

Steeze Muffins, Oct 17, 2017
  2. lizard46
    lizard46 Guest
    My xbox one continues to turn on randomly in the middle of the night

Randomly throughout the day my xbox one will turn on. It mainly happens during the night though.

lizard46, Oct 17, 2017
  3. J6Broadway25
    J6Broadway25 Guest
    Xbox randomly turning on

My XBOX One randomly turns on throughout the day. I do not have a kinect. There is nothing in front of my console that can hit the power button. There is not anything in top of my controllers that can power it on either. Tbis happens randomly throughout
    the day at random times.

I had my console connected to an LG tv and it happened. It is now connected to a Samsung smart TV and it still happens. The TV can be on or off and it just happens.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

J6Broadway25, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey Steeze Muffins! Is the console plugged in directly to a wall outlet? Is the console set to Instant-On or Energy-Saver? Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey Steeze Muffins! Is the console plugged in directly to a wall outlet? Is the console set to Instant-On or Energy-Saver? Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. TSi1616 Win User

Xbox randomly turns on without input

My xbox just sometimes randomly turns on. Sometimes im doing homework in the room and i’ll here the chime of the xbox turning on without anyone touching it. Sometimes ill be in my bed about to fall asleep when i hear the chime in my basement. Other
    times, ill come home from school and see it on while the TV is off. No one in my family says they do it. Someone plz help.
    Hi Raffi,

Do you have any accessories plugged into the console (hard drive or headset etc)? I have seen reports that sometimes those can cause the xbox to turn on.

I would suggest contacting Support to have them help troubleshoot with you, they can be found at
    http://suppoty.xbox.com
  7. Raffi Belorian Win User

Xbox randomly turns on without input

Hi TSi1616,

There is an external hard drive connected to the usb port of the xbox. However it contains a lot of my data and im scared of corrupting it if i remove it. Is it safe to disconnect?

Also, Xbox support doesn’t have an option to talk about the xbox turning on randomly. Even when i tried to get as close to the problem as possible, they wouldnt give me an option to speak to support.
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Xbox one Turns itself On without input from me

Hey there, KillerBeeTX! Sorry to see you are experiencing this as well. This thread is a little old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community
    can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  9. ARSMETAL Win User

thoughts on Xbox One

I've had my Xbox One since day one and it really is a great console IMO. I have been using it for everything and it's so nice to turn it on and go from playing a game to watching tv to watching a blu ray and everything else and turn it off (standby) all
    with a voice command and all without switching inputs on my tv. My Xbox One has been running as much as my cable box and I've had zero problems, it's super quite and Barely gets warm. I see a real bright future with my Xbox One and I'm happy to grow with it
    throughout its life. The games I have played ( Forza 5, DR3 and COD Ghosts) have all played and looked fantastic. This console IMO is next gen.
Thema:

1. Xbox Turns on randomly throughout the day without input from me - Similar Threads - Turns randomly throughout

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  4. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  5. Xbox series s turns off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s turns off randomly: Hello i just get an xbox series s seconde hand 2days ago and yesterday i was playing like 4-5hours and then while im playing fifa the s freezes and the controller start blinking and then shutdown...
  6. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  7. My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...: My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my internet connection of but generally happens between the hours of 5-12....
  8. Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on: My xbox controller is flashing and then it vibrated twice before turning off. I did not pay £400 just for 10 months later nonsense like this. Knew i shouldve gotten the ps3 on my 7th birthday...
  9. Xbox series S turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S turning off randomly: For the past few months my Xbox series S has been turning off randomly. Sometimes when I’m playing a game and sometimes when I’m just watching YouTube. It’s even happened when I’ve been sat at the...
  10. Why does NBA 2K24 turn off my XBox One randomly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does NBA 2K24 turn off my XBox One randomly: Whenever I play NBA 2K24 on my XBox one, it shuts off my console randomly. Is that an issue with the game, because it only happens when I play that game. Is there a way to fix it because I want to...