Xbox turns on by itself

Discus and support Xbox turns on by itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I shut my Xbox down then 30 to a hour later it’s on by itself also sometimes when I shut it down the power pack to the plug stays lit white???... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheFack123, Oct 21, 2017.

1. TheFack123
    TheFack123 Guest

Xbox turns on by itself

I shut my Xbox down then 30 to a hour later it’s on by itself also sometimes when I shut it down the power pack to the plug stays lit white???

:)

TheFack123, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Xbox turns on by itself.

you can change a setting on your xbox for remotes try changing it and it shouldnt pick up your remote Xbox turns on by itself :D

StephenCasemore, Oct 21, 2017
  3. kayakking1
    kayakking1 Guest
    XBOX turns on by itself?

Thanks for all the help, although it turns out that my Guitar Hero controller was under a load of stuff in my bedroom and was on, hence causing the xbox to turn on by itself and to show an extra controller being connected XD

kayakking1, Oct 21, 2017
  4. ExponentFox7701 Win User

Xbox turning on by itself

Yes this a common thing with the console. There are a few things to look at first I'm assuming you talking about the original Xbox One and not the S model. The original Xbox one uses touch sensitive switch to power the unit on and off, they are sensitive to
    a ground fault condition. This can be caused by having the console plugged into a power strip that is a surge suppressor. The Xbox One console have build in surge suppressors so they need to pulled directly into the wall outlet and not a surge suppressor
    power strip ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/connect-power-supply ). Also make sure it's not on a circuit that has a GFI breaker, these are the ones like to
    bathrooms usually.

With some Samsung TVs, turning on your TV may also turn on your Xbox.

The other thing is a controller that might be faulty and sending the power on signal but the controller does not power on itself. Pull the batteries from your controllers and see if you console still randomly turns on.

Another thing to realize is your Xbox One has an IR sensor to receive remote control signals and some remotes can send the correct signals to power on your console. Logitech Harmony remote do this. There are apps on Cell phones that will also do this as
    some cell phone like Samsungs have an IR transmitter. Try to cover the IR sensor on you console if you think you have something that might be sending the IR signal.

Another thing that will turn on your console the the Xbox App on windows 10, iphone, ipads or Android phones/tables. The device only need to be on the same network as your Xbox. I know of students in an dorm using the same network accidentally turning
    on and off wrong consoles, the same true in hotels (those are usually not accidentally). You can go into the setting on the console and require app connection to authenticate before connecting.

With all these things the most common cause is usually the first one, not plugged directly into the wall outlet. The next is a rouge IR signal (from a neighbors house!!!). I think MS second is different them mine which is a controller issue (pull the batteries).

I hope this all helps.
  5. DanMen334 Win User

Xbox turned itself on.

quizá se encendió algo por voz
  6. Dageto Kraft Win User

Xbox turned itself on.

the control of my tv turns on my xbox one XDDD
  7. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Xbox turned itself on.

It’s possessed! Just kidding! Sounds like it needs a hard reset or possibly do you have it connected to a digital assistant that then picked up on a word to power it on?
  8. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox turned itself on.

That's really strange lol. I've had my Xbox One not turn off before, like I was trying to manually turn it off with the controller and then by holding my finger on the power button to do a hard reset, and it just stayed on. I've also had my gamertag get
    unintentionally signed in to the console by loading up the Xbox app on my phone in the same room, and since the app is linked to my console, it auto-signed me in. But I've never seen the console just turn on by itself lol. Maybe a strange power glitch or the
    auto-on feature triggered somehow? If it keeps doing it, you may need to unplug your console when you're not using it. Good luck! :)
Thema:

Xbox turns on by itself

1. Xbox turns on by itself - Similar Threads - turns itself

2. Xbox one failing to turn on after turning itself on, clicks then dies. HHD? Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one failing to turn on after turning itself on, clicks then dies. HHD? Power Supply?: My Xbox One clicked ~5 times and then didn't power on, and the power brick shut off. After that, I tried unplugging the supply completely and plugging it in, but nothing would happen on the Xbox...
  3. My Xbox Series X turns on by itself.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X turns on by itself.: Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed that my Xbox series X turns on by itself from time to time. I’m in the insider program for Xbox update preview. I use sleep instead of full power down. Had the...
  4. Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off: I have my Xbox series X set to turn on and off my tv when the xbox turns on or off. This works as expected when I turn on and off the Xbox directly but when my Xbox turns itself off via power...
  5. Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on?: I haven't found any setting that should let it do that and it isn't plugged into anything that should let it do that, it is convinient having my Xbox and TV turn on as soon as I get back from...
  6. Why does my series x keep turning itself off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my series x keep turning itself off.: Regardless if I'm playing a game or just sitting on the home screen my console will disconnect my controller and headset then continue onto a buzzing noise then full system shutdown. And yes the...
  7. My Xbox Series X ust started turning itself on when I turn my TV on

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X ust started turning itself on when I turn my TV on: No CEC enabled...had the console for 18 months or so and this only started maybe 2 days ago. Anyone else, or perhaps any ideas if there might be a setting I'm overlooking outside the CEC?...
  8. My home xbox kept turning itself off as soon as I turned off my console so yesterday I used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox kept turning itself off as soon as I turned off my console so yesterday I used...: I had around three switches left this year on my home xbox but they all kept turning itself off when I turned the console off so now I have no switches left the account name is lxvekills...
  9. My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I got a hold of customer service they had me try...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I got a hold of customer service they had me try...: My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I have talked to 3 customer support people. 2 walked me around to troubleshoot and said they would call back and never did. The 3rd one today hung up on...
  10. Xbox turns itself on when I accidentally bump table.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox turns itself on when I accidentally bump table.: Just like the title says, I have my Xbox located on the carpet below the desk I play on due to space. That desk is also touching a dresser. Any time I close a drawer from the dresser or...