Xbox turns off during restart of update

Discus and support Xbox turns off during restart of update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It goes through the downloading process of the update then the verifying part but when it's done with that it goes to restart during the update and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robert Holleyiii, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Xbox turns off during restart of update

It goes through the downloading process of the update then the verifying part but when it's done with that it goes to restart during the update and just powers off instead of restarting and continuing the update

:)

Robert Holleyiii, Nov 21, 2022
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Démarrage console est mise à jour [Console startup is updated]

Hi There,

No, it is not normal for your Xbox to turn itself on in the middle of the night. And for the cutting off during an update sometimes the Xbox needs to restart during an update so that is normal, but if it is turning off and not restarting during an update
    that is not normal.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Robert

Please try this:

A. Power cycle your console
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try doing the update again

B. Can be a bit odd but try connecting the console to a different power socket / in another room

C. If you’re not using an insider build, perform an offline update for your console.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. SHUBHAM_DEBNATH Win User

I restarted my xbox series S during a xbox system update will any harm be done to my xbox?

To be honest I will suggest not turning off your PC or Xbox console during any update and modification process. Moreover, As you have already done restart I hope for good always.
  5. xxROSE02xx Win User

Why is my xbox not turning back on and how do I fix it?

My xbox does have ventilation. It turns on. It's when the xbox is restarting during the update that it isn't turning back on, on its own like it's supposed and not finishing the update
  6. xMegaMan559x Win User

My Xbox Series X update stalled at step 1 of 3 Downloading 15%

It doesn't mess up the Xbox if you turn it off during the update??
Thema:

1. Xbox turns off during restart of update - Similar Threads - turns off during

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x: Hi all, Not sure if I'm being paranoid or if this is a legitimate concern. Last night I turned off my series x and left it in sleep mode. The fan was on still which I presumed is normal. Then...
  7. xbox turns off during network data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off during network data transfer: Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each...
  8. I cleared Mac settings and then turned off the Xbox during a restart. Now I get no signal...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cleared Mac settings and then turned off the Xbox during a restart. Now I get no signal...: Help please I cleared Mac settings then it prompted to restart xbox so I did then I turned the Xbox off and now when it is on I don’t get any signal to the tv: anything I can do?...
  9. Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games: I have looked around for someone with the same issue as me and I can't seem to find a post similar to my current situation so I suppose I'll start it. I've had this series x for awhile now and...
  10. Turned off during factory reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Turned off during factory reset: I have been having issues playing games with friends, for about a week or so now, its been slow, freezing etc. I decided to Factory Reset the console while keeping the games and about half an hour...