Xbox Turns off Automatically

Discus and support Xbox Turns off Automatically in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday my Xbox One was working perfectly fine but today when I tried to turn it on something strange happened. It was on the menu screen for a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JosephKalp, Jul 19, 2022.

1. JosephKalp
    JosephKalp Guest

Yesterday my Xbox One was working perfectly fine but today when I tried to turn it on something strange happened. It was on the menu screen for a few minutes before suddenly shutting off by itself. When I tried to turn it on again the disc tray made a beep, then the Xbox power button made a beep, finally it turned itself off again before the menu even loaded. I have the Xbox on energy save mode so I'm not sure that's causing it. I have a power brick that I recently bought brand new so that can't be the problem. Any idea what's causing it?

:)

JosephKalp, Jul 19, 2022
  2. Mister Maka Win User

xbox turn on and then turn off automatically.

Hey there BeamishPlanet37!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Xbox console! To start out, are you having issues with an Xbox One or an Xbox 360? Let us know so we can best help you out :)
  3. x Sarasaurus x Win User

Turns off automatically

Hi there

As mentioned above is it plugged into a surge protector.

May i also ask if this has been happening for awhile or only just encountered this? Regardless, you may also request a repair here at Device support

If you warranty is active on the console you will be eligible for a repair free of charge. However if it is not under warranty, you may still get a repair directly from xbox however there will be cost involved.

I would suggest perhaps

Shutting the console down completely. You can do this by firstly holding your finger on the console until it completely shuts down. Unplug the console and wait a good few minutes, typically 5 minutes, now when you go to plug your console in. Please try
    to plug the console into a different power point to which you were using before. And try to have it isolated from sharing power with any other devices, i.e adapters with tv etc plugged into the same supply. Start the console back up and allow it to boot up
    and sit idley on the home screen for about 1-2 minutes before attempting to start any game or app. Start with a smaller game you have installed that won't have to process a big amount to load the game.

If you have no success with this, you may feel free to head on over to support here at Xbox customer support
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Turns off automatically

Hey there RajaJT,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums Community for advice on how to hopefully get your console to keep from doing that. I can totally understand how this could be pretty concerning. We actually have a support page with steps on what exactly to do in this
    situation you might want to read entitled
    Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off

When you get the chance give what's provided there a shot and let us know if that helped.

Thanks!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Automatic turn off

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to the forums. Unfortunately that does sound like a hardware malfunction from the physical damage caused from the bump. Did you have a disc in the Xbox while you moved it? Do you have the original Xbox One with the external power supply?

Basically, all you can do is try some different power outlets and if you have the original Xbox One, you can try replacing the power supply but more than likely the damage was done to an internal component associated with the power supply.

if the Xbox can still not power on, then you will need to set up the console for a repair:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  6. Atherza Win User

Automatic turn off

I’d recommend that you contact Xbox Support here for this issue: support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Xbox Turns off Automatically - Similar Threads - Turns off Automatically

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  8. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  9. Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox: Hi, Some time my xbox will turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox, But i try to turn on my xbox again all thing will be normal. Is this power supply issue? i got try to send warranty but i...
  10. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...