Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

Discus and support Xbox turn on normally after a power surge in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gersommelk Felipe, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to the electrical company changing some cables and transformers in our vicinity, and everytime it happened, I had my XSX turned on. What surprises me is that when the power is back on and I turn my Xbox, it simply turns on. No system or storage check, no database reconstruction... Nothing. Which is quite literally opposite of my PS5, that does a couple of tests and reboots before checking the internal and external storage before finally coming back on. The only thing that requires me to reboot the console manually is that it will not connect to the internet if I'm using WiFi. But that's it.

Is this normal or is my Series X faulty? It is brand new, bought it less than a month ago, and according to the warranty, manufactured in February 2024.

:)

Gersommelk Felipe, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Gersommelk, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Don't worry, it's completely normal. The times when the power has gone out in my house while I'm using the console, it restarts normally afterward. However, if there are frequent power outages in your house due to the reason you mentioned, I recommend using an external voltage regulator to fully protect the console.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Phant0mPR1 Win User

Netflix app crashing Xbox

Hello, I suggest a power reboot of console.

Instructions below:

Please hold xbox button in front of your console until light on your power surge turns a different color then it is at the moment permanently after it turns disconnect cable from power surge instead of the outlet. Release your finger from xbox button in
    front of your console and press it one again. Power on your xbox power surge should be completely gone. Plug it back in and turn your xbox like you normally would. This should resolve any issue you might be having.

Have a good day.
  4. Misses Joust Win User

Xbox 1 wont turn on after turn off with voice command..

G'day KUSH! Just to be sure I understand, please confirm this: After shutting down the console by voice command, none of the normal methods for turning it on will get a response? Have you tried turning it on with voice, your controller, and the console's
    power button?

If so, my next questions is this: Is the console plugged into a surge protector? If it is, try plugging it directly into the wall. Some surge protectors will put an outlet into a lower power state when it recognizes that the attached device has been turned
    off. If this is the case, it's possible that the console isn't getting enough power to start up successfully. Let us know!
  5. Internet Expert Win User

xbox one turns on by itself

It is only recommended to connect your Xbox directly to the wall outlet, as it has its own surge protection built into the power supply.

Connecting your Xbox to a power strip or surge protector is the most common cause of it randomly turning on, as this can cause electrical "hiccups" with the built-in surge protection.

After you unplug it from the power strip, leave it unplugged for about five minutes. Then, connect it directly to the wall outlet.
  6. CoupDeGrace87 Win User

Issue with Xbox One.

Turn off your system as you normally would then unplug the power supply from the wall outlet or surge protector for about 45 seconds. Turn on console and see if that fixes your issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge - Similar Threads - turn normally power

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  5. Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon...: Hi every day when i finishing playing when i turn off the xbox(series x) sometime it take 10 or 20 sec to fully turn off(xbox icon flash turn off) sometimes 1 minute i think i wanna know is it...
  6. My minecraft bedrock flat world just turned into a normal world with biomes and hills is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft bedrock flat world just turned into a normal world with biomes and hills is...: Can i turn my world back to a flat one? I tried to put it in too my realm but it gave an error and after that it wasnt flat anymore. I tried copying the world but it didnt work. There are also...
  7. Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ?: I have a xbox series X notice the fan takes far to long to turn off longest it’s taken is 2hrs is that normal or should I be contacting place I brought from ? 3c520cfe-8710-4564-8c59-21901b5f5a20
  8. My left trigger moves up slowly if I turn it fast but normal speed if I turn it slowly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger moves up slowly if I turn it fast but normal speed if I turn it slowly: When I turn it the left stick moves slowly if turned up normal speed all other directions and it's easy to move just the input. 162f878c-95d2-47eb-b806-6d5a2fc7e922
  9. Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal?: Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal? 2 days ago it was working just fine and then the day after, the controller is unusable because it flashed on the 1 second and then the...
  10. Is it normal for my Xbox One to turn off all by itself?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Xbox One to turn off all by itself?: Before we begin, no, I ruled out a possible haunting. There is no paranormal activity happening in my house. On occasion, my Xbox will just turn off or reset randomly. Sometimes I even find it...