"Xbox Turn Off" issue/question?

Discus and support "Xbox Turn Off" issue/question? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I say "Xbox Turn Off" the xbox console on button light slowly goes on and off a number of times before shutting down. Has anyone else seen this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Great Mim, Jan 2, 2014.

1. "Xbox Turn Off" issue/question?

When I say "Xbox Turn Off" the xbox console on button light slowly goes on and off a number of times before shutting down. Has anyone else seen this?

:)

The Great Mim, Jan 2, 2014
  2. LorenceCheng
    LorenceCheng Guest
    xbox one dont turn on

Hi , have you solved the xbox one turn on issue? I see same problem on my devise too. How to do.

LorenceCheng, Jan 3, 2014
  3. "Xbox turn off" and T.V

That sounds like the console is powering back up again. Does the console come on when this happens?? Also try turning off the TV power settings, shutdown the console then turn it back on and re-enable. I've had issues where the command stops working correctly
    and turning it off then back on helps. You might also want to run through the set-up wizard again.

Magaman-8B232765-380D-4C30-BD24-4D4B689A735E, Jan 3, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

x24hrs2livex, Jan 3, 2014
  5. GatorStew Win User

Xbox One Remote Turn on Issue (From App)

Same issue here. I CAN turn it off once the xbox one is turned on but I cannot turn it on if it's off.
  6. Bill Kearney Win User

Voice turn off issue

There are settings in the Xbox menu to control the TV, the cable box and a receiver. You can configure the Xbox to turn each of them on/off separately. Perhaps yours is not set to control those boxes and just the TV?
  7. Iautorenewedu Win User

Voice turn off issue

Eisenbull, try: if you used auto-detection, try manual entry of make/model of TV and STB. Also, be sure you are in the High-Power state (was chosen during initial setup). One other thing, be sure the Kinect and your STB (set top box aka cable box), and TV's
    IR readers are in an open area. For example: if you look at the front of your STB you will see a small square of glass or plastic, likely that is the where the IR reader is located. Make sure that square is pointed to an open area of the room. This allows
    the Kinect to IR blast commands and for them to be received by the other devices. I hope this helps. Game on!

-Cheers
  8. Jack_988 Win User

Colossal waste of time with TV setup - Comcast service

Yeah everything works but I think I have everything programmed to turn off when I turn off my Xbox (Tv, and cable box also) so this would probably be an issue if I wanted to record something and also turn off the Xbox. So is there an opton to just turn Xbox
    off?
  9. yatesd Win User

Voice Commands since Update

I am having the same issue since the update. "Xbox turn off" works, but then gets stuck at the "yes/no" dialog. I end up having to turn on my controller to turn off the xbox.
Thema:

1. "Xbox Turn Off" issue/question? - Similar Threads - Turn Off issue

2. My series X constantly turns itself off because of "ventilation issues" but only for series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series X constantly turns itself off because of "ventilation issues" but only for series...: Pretty much a month after my warranty expired my series X started randomly turning itself off because of "ventilation issues", I've definitely got the console in a position that feeds it more then...
  3. Xbox start up issue (turns on then off)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox start up issue (turns on then off): When i start my xbox it turns on for like 10 to 25 seconds then turns off. It’s not even connecting to the tv. My tv says no signal. I cant even see the start up screen. Basically, it turns on...
  4. Old delta update seemed to fix the issue turning off the Xbox series x, the new one seems...

in XboX Insiders
    Old delta update seemed to fix the issue turning off the Xbox series x, the new one seems...: Issue possibly submitted by /u/pillai98 [link] [comments]
  5. Wireless xbox headset issue when I turn it off

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless xbox headset issue when I turn it off: I have a wireless turtle beach headset but when I want to turn it off to just watch netflix and save my battery the volume out of my TV always turns off unless my headset is turned o nand...
  6. Series X issue - turning off/freezing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X issue - turning off/freezing up: Hello, I'm just wondering if others had this issue and if it needs to be repaired. Recently my Series X turns on then off straight away. This will only happen once then it works fine. I unplug...
  7. Having am issu with my one x after turning it off

in XboX Insiders
    Having am issu with my one x after turning it off: Turned it off last night, now it turns on, tv says it has a signal, but no picture, I'm in the omega ring submitted by /u/Sandersbrandon20 [link] [comments]
  8. Issue with my Steel Series arctis 9x turning my Xbox series X back on after its been shut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with my Steel Series arctis 9x turning my Xbox series X back on after its been shut off: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone is having this issue, and knows a work around or fix. When I play with my headset on and go to turn off my Series X, The consul shuts down, but then restarts, and the...
  9. Issue with Alexa and Xbox constantly turning off.

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Alexa and Xbox constantly turning off.: For about 2 months my Xbox had an issue where it would suddenly turn off. I followed every possible instruction on the Xbox website and cleaned out the fans. It still happened Then noticing it...
  10. Xbox controller not turning off/connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not turning off/connectivity issues: For some reason my xbox controller will work fine for about 5-10 minutes and then will just instantly stop working but remain on, almost as if it just connected to another device. I've tried using...