Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity

Discus and support Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been recently having problems with my left thumb stick. When I would move in certain directions the character on screen would not move accordingly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Creamerss, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Creamerss
    Creamerss Guest

Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity

I’ve been recently having problems with my left thumb stick. When I would move in certain directions the character on screen would not move accordingly or not move at all. I had assumed it was something going wrong on the inside of the controller so I disassembled it and cleaned it up and everything. I then tested the thumb stick out without putting the front casing on and it was working almost perfectly fine. However when I put the front casing back on the controller, the thumb stick acts the same way it did before, not responding. Even when I just lay the top casing over the controller and not snapping it into place the problem still persists. I now have to play with the front of the controller completely off or else I can’t play with it at all. What is going on?

:)

Creamerss, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Das Koop Win User

elite series 2

It took me a while to adjust, but now that I have, a regular Xbox controller doesn't feel right after spending a couple weeks with the Elite 2.

I'm using the middle thumb stick tension for both thumb sticks. For my right thumb stick I changed the settings from Default to Instant. I have the left thumb stick set to the middle tension as well with the settings at Smooth.
  3. spec24 Win User

I am very disappointed with the new Xbox one Controller

I have three of them for two xbox ones and the thumb sticks suck. All of them have at least one thumb stick that's kinda lose in the socket. I also have 3 ps4 controllers and the sticks are tight.
  4. Ninja Bryson Win User

Xbox Thumb Stick

It's called drifting it can be fixed watching a YouTube tutorial.
  5. Ov3R fR4g Uk Win User

Xbox Thumb Stick

Sounds like youre having stick drift which is common in older controllers that have some wear on them. If its still under warranty consider contacting either microsoft or your place that you purchased it to get it swapped over. If its out of warranty it
    looks like sadly the only thing you can do is buy a new controller.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox Thumb Stick

Hi Lily,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like your controller may have become defective. You can try to update the controller may sync it back to original. Otherwise if the controller is within warranty (90 days from purchase) for original
    controllers. You can get it replaced/repaired by going to
    device support

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity

1. Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity - Similar Threads - Thumb stick Oddity

2. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  3. xbox insider thumb stick recalibration issue

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider thumb stick recalibration issue: since applying this new update and running the thumbstick calibration tool, my aim feels very off and floaty in game. I tried using a spare xbox controller, but it seems the config it created has...
  4. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  5. Menu and right thumb stick not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Menu and right thumb stick not working: Hello, I am playing on a chromebook with Xbox Cloud Gaming, I was playing normally but suddenly I could not use the right thumbstick, I thought that it was a bug/glitch or something so I tried to...
  6. Xbox thumb stick calibration update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox thumb stick calibration update: According to this article, was there an update released Xbox one s for thumb stick calibration? Really wondering when this was supposed to come out. It’s says Jan 11 2024. But i just went to check...
  7. Which games only require one thumb/joy stick to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which games only require one thumb/joy stick to play?: I am a casual gamer, I have the adaptive controller l, but I find it too hard to play with two thumb/joy sticks and have lots of different buttons to press. I play eafc24, not a big fan of...
  8. I got the wrong colored thumb sticks and D-Pad for my design lab controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got the wrong colored thumb sticks and D-Pad for my design lab controller.: I just received my custom pro controller today and the thumb sticks and D-Pad are okay on the controller itself. I also ordered the extra thumb sticks and D-Pad for it but they came in the wrong...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....
  10. Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?: [img] can anyone help me please, I try to play games on my computer with a controller and when I push my thumb stick down it pulls up this keyboard and I can’t find where it comes from * Moved...