XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

Discus and support XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Not Happy Parent, Jun 29, 2022.

1. XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been used before, 1 or 2 transactions might not appear irregular but 99+ - Why was this not flagged ?

XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and Microsoft Said this Happens!!!

:)

Not Happy Parent, Jun 29, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and Microsoft Said this Happens!!!

I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been used before, 1 or 2 transactions might not appear irregular but 99+ - Why was this not flagged ?

There are actually several measures in place that could have prevented this (parental controls, setting a password to be required to purchase anything, spending limits, etc) . You just had to use them.
  3. Not Happy Parent Win User

The only issue with that is, debit card is stored on account for the monthly subscription, which they take all the time. The account was setup to have not only a password to input for purchases but the mobile bank app needs to confirm to complete purchase. Microsoft have stopped using this service and failed to inform their customers that the new system does not have any security features in place with the banks to stop multiple purchases.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

you set purchases to 0 and ask a parent, issue resolved. or purchase a subscription pre payment card from any retail store that stocks them or any online retail game store and remove your payment option.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Yes, maybe there should be some system in place, much like a bank will sometimes check if a large purchase is made.

However, it is also the reponsbility of the parent to make sure that any account set up for a child has the appropriate measures in place to avoid this happening, especially when it is a child that may not understand money/consequences. Parental Controls allow restricting an account to no purchases.
  6. Not Happy Parent Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

1. XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and... - Similar Threads - Taking Money old

2. taking a few loads to make a little bit of money.

in XboX Insiders
    taking a few loads to make a little bit of money.: putting miles on my truck submitted by /u/Right-Word2538 [link] [comments]
  3. How long will it take me get my money back y'all accept my refund it's been weeks

in XBoX on Windows
    How long will it take me get my money back y'all accept my refund it's been weeks: Y'all accept my refund n I never got my money back I been waiting and im started to feel like i got scammed 2fe5d382-3b4d-4723-8a6b-755aa3aaff3b
  4. How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank: I requested a refund about 3 to 4 hours ago and the money usually goes into my bank straight away but it hasn’t and I urgently need it because I have work tomorrow...
  5. How long does it take to get money back from a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long does it take to get money back from a refund: I pre order the new forza motorsport and pay 149 dollars, I picked the wrong version and canceled it. It told me I refunded all the money back but haven’t got a cent back yet. How long does it...
  6. How long dose it normally take for to get your money from a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long dose it normally take for to get your money from a refund: How long dose it normally take for to get your money from a refund a2745aed-9c3f-4d16-98fc-c0fe3ee2029f
  7. Why did Xbox take my money but not give me the game?!?!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Xbox take my money but not give me the game?!?!?: I just bought Hogwarts Legacy. $75.06 came out of my bank account, but the game is nowhere to be found. It’s not even in my purchase history, yet I have the proof of the purchase in said bank...
  8. How much time does it take for refunded money to appear in my bank account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How much time does it take for refunded money to appear in my bank account?: I refunded nba 2k23 because ut was wrong version and that hapoened 8 days ago si im really worried about my money can anyone help me in this situation? bac5c505-578b-4236-94b5-93de51f3cd20
  9. How long does it take for you money to be refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long does it take for you money to be refunded?: I refunded NBA 2k23 and it was approved and I’ve been waiting and I don’t have my money or 2k23 what’s going on 92512927-b3f4-4b2f-afb5-dc5e409f92a3
  10. Why i can’t create my own realm, and they take my money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can’t create my own realm, and they take my money?: I can’t create my minecraft realm(2 players), it say “something went wrong” and then say (your purchase was successful, but we weren’t able to create your Realm. We will create your Realm as soon...