XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

Discus and support XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Not Happy Parent, Jun 29, 2022.

1. XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been used before, 1 or 2 transactions might not appear irregular but 99+ - Why was this not flagged ?

XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and Microsoft Said this Happens!!!

:)

Not Happy Parent, Jun 29, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and Microsoft Said this Happens!!!

I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been used before, 1 or 2 transactions might not appear irregular but 99+ - Why was this not flagged ?

There are actually several measures in place that could have prevented this (parental controls, setting a password to be required to purchase anything, spending limits, etc) . You just had to use them.
  3. Not Happy Parent Win User

The only issue with that is, debit card is stored on account for the monthly subscription, which they take all the time. The account was setup to have not only a password to input for purchases but the mobile bank app needs to confirm to complete purchase. Microsoft have stopped using this service and failed to inform their customers that the new system does not have any security features in place with the banks to stop multiple purchases.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

you set purchases to 0 and ask a parent, issue resolved. or purchase a subscription pre payment card from any retail store that stocks them or any online retail game store and remove your payment option.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Yes, maybe there should be some system in place, much like a bank will sometimes check if a large purchase is made.

However, it is also the reponsbility of the parent to make sure that any account set up for a child has the appropriate measures in place to avoid this happening, especially when it is a child that may not understand money/consequences. Parental Controls allow restricting an account to no purchases.
  6. Not Happy Parent Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

1. XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and... - Similar Threads - Taking Money old

2. Is it legal to take peoples money for games that do not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it legal to take peoples money for games that do not work: Is it legal for people to sell games for money that do not work if not who can I Sue. e32e616d-0254-443c-b201-f1f7308c0d17
  3. why when I try to buy an Xbox gift card it takes my money, the order says "pending", then...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why when I try to buy an Xbox gift card it takes my money, the order says "pending", then...: why when I try to buy an Xbox gift card it takes my money, the order says "pending", then "cancelled" and my money is refunded? 1a3600ac-c017-4ce7-a9b7-fa228b6ab298
  4. how to talk to customer service they are taking money out of my account at the bank dont...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to talk to customer service they are taking money out of my account at the bank dont...: closed accout still taking money out at bank accountthey owe me 7 months. 1b7aa6a0-c1ba-4572-b19c-1fce52e4ee6f
  5. XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...: I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been used before, 1 or 2 transactions might not...
  6. Locked out of Xbox account - Still taking money from bank account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of Xbox account - Still taking money from bank account: Hi, I've lost access to my Xbox account and have a Game Pass subscription on it I've tried over 50 times to access my account with no luck How do I remove the subscription so they stop taking...
  7. Xbox take my money from my bank account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox take my money from my bank account: It take 400 romanian lei for nothing 28028608-3a3c-4631-a97b-b2e067260386
  8. I had buy an ultimate add on bundle but i dont wanted to buy that how can i take my money back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had buy an ultimate add on bundle but i dont wanted to buy that how can i take my money back: I buyed Forza ultimate add on bundle but i doesnt wanted to do that how can i get my Money back f6538561-370e-4b05-8904-c48a3ae5323e
  9. Microsoft keeps taking money from my card even after changing it.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft keeps taking money from my card even after changing it.: I've been charged 4 times since January for ultimate for £10.99 with the name Microsoft on the mobile banking app. There is no direct debit showing and also I lost my card and received a new one....
  10. Microsoft taking money from my partners account without permission?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft taking money from my partners account without permission?: I logged into my Outlook account and noticed I had an email from Microsoft about an overdue payment, so I clicked on it and found out that my Partner has been being charged $16 dollars each month...