Xbox taking extremely long to start up

Discus and support Xbox taking extremely long to start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one X is taking extremely long to start up(5mins or so) and when it finally starts up and gets to the home screen its not auto logging me in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by clayhull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. clayhull
    clayhull Guest

My xbox one X is taking extremely long to start up(5mins or so) and when it finally starts up and gets to the home screen its not auto logging me in like usual and when i manually log in it just greys itself out and doesnt log into my profile. And when
    i try to go to settings or try to clear the cache or do anything there a 30sec or more pause before it actually opens. I have done many hard resets and has not fixed anything

:)

clayhull, Jan 8, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @clayhull, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully if it's missing any. I would like you to go through
    the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still receiving a black screen, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Click on the "Bind" and "Eject" buttons at the same time after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the two buttons. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your
    screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps". I hope this helps resolve your issue!

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

In case both troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help.../system-update-solution/offline-system-update

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox taking long to start up

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be experiencing with the Xbox taking long to
    start up. I recommend to troubleshoot the console by disconnecting and reconnecting your console's power cable.

Check out this resource:
    How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console (Disconnect
    and reconnect your console's power cable).

Try this and let us know the results.
  4. PoorPrince-FA1EF6B3- Win User

Xbox is taking a long time to start up?

Do you have kinect...uh connected? I had same problem, unplugged kinect and it boots normally.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Are you able to use a USB drive in lieu of the hdd? Perhaps the hard drive is just going faulty. I had one hdd do the same sluggish stuff before and everytime I could make it to storage under settings and begin deleting the corruption it would either freeze
    in mid deletion or the corruption would return the next time I would boot the console. It kept happening until the hdd caused a general hardware failure known as E68, which relates to a bad hdd. Try a different hard drive or a USB thumbdrive and recover your
    gamertag to the new device. Then boot the console into Xbox live and see if that solves the issue. This will determine if it's the console, hdd or network.
  6. Turbojib Win User

I've been having the same problem with my 4 gb 360. It takes 15 minutes to get to the dashboard and another 5 to read a game, even if the game is on the HDD. It also will no longer go on Xbox Live but goes on the internet just fine. I have done all of the
    above too with no changes. By the way this is my 3rd console, the 2nd slim.
Thema:

1. Xbox taking extremely long to start up - Similar Threads - taking extremely long

2. Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...: My Xbox One kicked me off while I was playing GTA5 Online to do an update(1-3steps) also said my console will restart during the (1-3steps)update. After that my console takes A WHILE to load(if...
  3. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  4. Getting error code 0x82323018 when taking a capture

in XboX Insiders
    Getting error code 0x82323018 when taking a capture: It worked for like a second when I was loading into a game after doing a power cycle, but now I’m getting a different error. Cant take screenshot or video. submitted by /u/Nick51350Brew [link]...
  5. My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...: My xbox 1 x it has an issue it take 20 min on xbox load screen and 30 min after it's done loading it's a black screen and when I try to play anything the console sh uts off and idk what is the...
  6. My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots: When I press to record what happened, or try to start a recording nothing happens. The guide just closes doesn’t record a clip or even say that it did. It doesn't even show in my internal storage,...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  8. How long should a repair order take to complete?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long should a repair order take to complete?: I have sent my Xbox controller in to be repaired as the things can't last more than 6 months. It's been at the service centre for 10 days now and typically it has been quicker than this for me....
  9. Who's genius idea was it to make a new box that takes up over 2/3rds of your screen when...

in XboX Insiders
    Who's genius idea was it to make a new box that takes up over 2/3rds of your screen when...: It is things like this that kind of make it frustrating to be on this platform as an insider. This decision feels like a change for the sake of change, rather than anything good, as the thing this...
  10. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...