Xbox system update failed wont do anything

Discus and support Xbox system update failed wont do anything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have an older console and when I put in call of duty black ops 2 it started to update then right after it stopped saying "Can't read the update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CeIIarDoor, Feb 17, 2014.

1. CeIIarDoor
    CeIIarDoor Guest

Hi I have an older console and when I put in call of duty black ops 2 it started to update then right after it stopped saying

"Can't read the update from the disc. Please reinsert the disk to continue the update."

"If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support."

"status code: 397F-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013"

The thing is i cant get a controller to connect to it inorder to get it back the dash board and i tried with a usb and it gives the same message.

It wont even get passed the screen and i even pulled out the hard drive and it still gives the same message.

Also I dont have a way to update through the internet I am using a friends computer to post this.

If anyone can help i would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL thanks.

:)

CeIIarDoor, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Menace211
    Menace211 Guest
    Menace211, Feb 17, 2014
  3. NOT turning on

My xbox controller wont turn on after trying to update it (it failed) it wont even let the light blink o the xbox button

SpectralGamer47, Feb 17, 2014
  4. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest

hello!

ok when you look at the game saves is there any yellow (!)? (settings, system, storage, HDD, games and apps, COD2 and look for them) if so delete them

now you can also try this (settings system storage hovor over HDD, hit Y, clear system cashe, hit yes)

hope that helpsXbox system update failed wont do anything :)

if none of this or any ones else answers work you may have to delete the game fully

MB5656, Feb 17, 2014
  5. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest
    also you can try this:

Reset XBOX 360 Failed System Updates

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button.

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

Reset XBOX 360 All Installed Game Updates

Go to the "system" blade

Select "memory"

Press Y on the HD symbol

Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X

A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

Select Yes

MB5656, Oct 31, 2018
  6. MB5656 Win User

hello!

ok when you look at the game saves is there any yellow (!)? (settings, system, storage, HDD, games and apps, COD2 and look for them) if so delete them

now you can also try this (settings system storage hovor over HDD, hit Y, clear system cashe, hit yes)

hope that helps:)

if none of this or any ones else answers work you may have to delete the game fully
  7. MB5656 Win User

also you can try this:

Reset XBOX 360 Failed System Updates

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button.

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

Reset XBOX 360 All Installed Game Updates

Go to the "system" blade

Select "memory"

Press Y on the HD symbol

Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X

A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

Select Yes
  8. BrettNicholas Win User

Issues with xbox one x

Mine completely died as of the most recent update. It wont let me do anything unless i update. The update only fails. So i can no longer use it
  9. Mars LuX Win User

Status Code 80072746

I tryed the DNS advice and now it says I need a system update but that the update is unavailable... i did the maneul update with a usb earlier and it still wont do anything... help!
  10. Avedis99 Win User

Error Code on Xbox one X

What if the system wont let you do anything....Absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! So who is at fault here, the company that released the faulty update that ultimately resulted in system failure, or the customer who installed the update given by the company.
Thema:

1. Xbox system update failed wont do anything - Similar Threads - system update failed

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  4. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  5. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  6. Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...

in XboX Insiders
    Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...: I have my Xbox One S enrolled in the insiders program, and my HDD died. Therefore, I cannot recover the system from the console in any way, not even extracting the contents of the System Update...
  7. How do I update my Xbox 360 system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I update my Xbox 360 system: Hi I’m new, How do I update my Xbox live system I have an 8gb usb but it’s not working do I need an official Xbox storage device 0b2fb2db-4976-40ff-8ee4-8395f8301fef
  8. One x: failing during verification of offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    One x: failing during verification of offline system update: Hello everyone, I'm having some very annoying issues with my Xbox. It was purchased second hand and when I booted it up it started "preparing the console" which then gave me the error code E106...
  9. Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset: After attempting to install latest update on my Series X it no longer works, I'm currently out for warranty since it's a first Gen. Why am I required to pay $300 to repair something I did not...
  10. Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...: I need to update but it won't let me 0b85c6ff-d58d-4f23-95d7-3009cead6aac