Xbox SX: Why did MIcrosoft remove the Bitstream Audio Out option?

Discus and support Xbox SX: Why did MIcrosoft remove the Bitstream Audio Out option? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Like the title says, it's no longer there in the options. Games do not sound as good as they did on my One-X as a result! Why in the world would MS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Speedster996, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Speedster996
    Speedster996 Guest

Like the title says, it's no longer there in the options. Games do not sound as good as they did on my One-X as a result!

Why in the world would MS remove the Bitstream Out/Optical Out option? Is there an update coming to fix this?

I just got a SX and upset over this!

:)

Speedster996, Mar 4, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Speedster996, I believe that the removal of Bitstream Audio Out option in this new generation, has to do with the removal of the optical audio output that existed in the previous generation, S / PDFI, Microsoft had already mentioned before the release that would remove the digital output.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, unfortunately there is no way to know if the option will come back one day, if this happens Microsoft usually publish these news first on the Site of The Xbox News.

I have an Xbox One X and use the optical output, it is useful to connect the sound in some sound bar or equipment that accepts input.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Stereo uncompressed is the original unadulterated signal. Dolby digital is a compressed format

The entire consumer electronics industry has removed optical outputs

You likely have your amp misconfigured, or the Xbox outputs are not set correctly for your speaker configuration. If you give us your speaker configuration and your amp make and model we can help figure it out.
  5. Speedster996 Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C. welcome to the community.

Hello , I believe that the removal of Bitstream Audio Out option in this new generation, has to do with the removal of the optical audio output that existed in the previous generation, S / PDFI, Microsoft had already mentioned before the release that would remove the digital output.
    Ah - that makes sense. I was never using the optical output in my One-X either but Bitstream Out set to Dolby Digital made games sounded so much clearer, louder and fuller. Now I'm just stuck with Stereo Uncompressed as the other options either don't support my amp properly or main sounds in a game (such as the player's gun, car or bike) get too quiet in the game.

You positive Bitstream Out is never coming back? I sure don't want to invest in an expensive amp or headset right after getting a SX!
  6. Geri M. Win User

Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix.

Hi David_J_Br,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you.

However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some information about it.

1. May we ask if you have tried this to a different browser, (aside from Netflix app) like go to the website?
    2. To a different video streaming like, YouTube / Disney+.
    3. We know you have done a lot of troubleshooting steps; we just want you to check on this article Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support if you missed some of the steps here.

We also happen to stumble an article from an Independent Advisor-Georges C.

Xbox SX: Why did MIcrosoft remove the Bitstream Audio Out - Microsoft Community

"That the removal of Bitstream Audio Out option in this new generation, has to do with the removal of the optical audio output that existed in the previous generation, S / PDFI, Microsoft had already mentioned before the release that would remove the digital output."

With your isolated case, allow us to do more research about this.

Thank you for posting Xbox Community Forum.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox SX: Why did MIcrosoft remove the Bitstream Audio Out option? - Similar Threads - Why did MIcrosoft

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  6. Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft: i’ve read so many forums and tried multiple things, reached out many times. Microsoft has no history of me owning minecraft yet i’ve been playing consistently on the same account for 6 years....
  7. Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?: Returned home after being away for 3 weeks only to come back to a missing Xbox Networking tab in my settings on my PC. Not only was my PC in FULL shut down, but you also apparently removed my Xbox...
  8. Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?: Several months ago, I attempted to redeem my Microsoft rewards points for robux which I had done many times before. But for some reason, this time it said I needed to add a phone number to my...
  9. Why did Microsoft lie to me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft lie to me: To keep it short recently my email and alot of other things got hacked including my microsoft. Someone full security wiped me from my account and removed all my details and put my account under a...
  10. Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?: I attempted to sign onto my Diablo 4 game and was given a message that Microsoft had deleted my game and was going to receive a refund. I was never given a notice that I did something wrong. I had...