Xbox support made my device worse and now wants me to pay to fix it

Discus and support Xbox support made my device worse and now wants me to pay to fix it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox 1 was powering off during gameplay so I chose to contact support to try and resolve the issue. ALLI Q walked me through hours of steps after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WarriorMoose89, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Xbox support made my device worse and now wants me to pay to fix it

My xbox 1 was powering off during gameplay so I chose to contact support to try and resolve the issue. ALLI Q walked me through hours of steps after which my xbox would power down after seconds of powering on. but then had the balls to tell me that untill
    I forked out yet another 200$ for repairs My xbox live subscription would just be money thrown away and they cant help me.

:)

WarriorMoose89, Oct 1, 2016
  2. Xbox preview ruined my xbox

what ever you dont try doing an offline update like tech support told me because that only made it worse, and then they want 115 dollars to fix it

L0neChinchi11a, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Will this be my third Xbox One console in less than 3 years?

My original Xbox One's disc drive broke after just 6 months from the day of purchase. My warranty covered the cost of a so-called 'certified' replacement Xbox One. It hadn't even been 10 months when my replacement Xbox One console's wireless hardware started
    to fail me. After a Xbox 'help and support' member deemed that my Xbox One needs to be seen by a technician, I am now expected to pay for the cost of fixing the device, which is completely unacceptable, given the fact that this will be my 3rd Xbox One console
    in less than 3 years. I feel that Microsoft has failed me, and has made a mockery of my warranty entitlement, by replacing my original broken Xbox One, with yet another inevitably doomed Xbox One, only to have me pay for the cost of yet another fix / replacement.

I do not want to pay for a 'fix' or a certified replacement Xbox One, because the console has already failed me twice, and so I have lost faith in the console.

Can anybody shed some light on this matter?

xX B3NNYBOY Xx, Oct 1, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

sorry to hear it. unfortunately no one here can assist with this. if your console is not working properly and you have to send it in there's nothing we can do to help.

however, if you believe that the troubleshooting steps provided caused the issue you'll need to call phone support and have the issue escalated.

please click this link to get the number for your region

support.xbox.com/contact-us

onyxishere, Oct 1, 2016
  5. onyxishere Win User

sorry to hear it. unfortunately no one here can assist with this. if your console is not working properly and you have to send it in there's nothing we can do to help.

however, if you believe that the troubleshooting steps provided caused the issue you'll need to call phone support and have the issue escalated.

please click this link to get the number for your region

support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. L0neChinchi11a Win User

Xbox preview ruined my xbox

what ever you dont try doing an offline update like tech support told me because that only made it worse, and then they want 115 dollars to fix it
  7. DocCaulfield Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live error code 80151012

Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm having the same issue as well. Everything I followed from MS support has now made things worse. I started with error code 831188FE but after following instructions given to me by support I now have error code 80151012.
    Very frustrating indeed.
  8. Wolfdogpup Win User

The new xbox 360 update

ya, update made discs not work, support wants me to pay $100 to let them fix it.... HA! *** that, I'm gonna just go buy a ps3, they are more reliable and aren't owned by crappy MS, I wish apple would take over xbox so we could all have systems that dont
    break and then US be expected to pay to fix their mistakes...
  9. joeyslithos Win User

Won't load

Same here actuly dealing with Microsoft for like a month now and they even made me format my hardrive to fix this and nothing .. so 6 years of gaming down the drain . This is a newer xbox btw and they want me to pay 200 dollars to fix this... i also bought
    a transfer cable to help to think we wouldn't get issues but i guess not so am probably selling and going to ps4
Thema:

1. Xbox support made my device worse and now wants me to pay to fix it - Similar Threads - support made device

2. How do I get support over a purchase I made but never received

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get support over a purchase I made but never received: Around the end of November I ordered a controller from Xbox design labs. I was charged a little over 90 USD, I received a confirmation E-mail about a day later estimating about a 2-3 week delivery...
  3. Xbox tech support made my account inaccessible.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox tech support made my account inaccessible.: I have 2 x box accounts. I wanted to switch the emails associated with both accounts to the other. By the end of dealing with tech support, I had an additional gamertag and 2 additional emails and...
  4. Warranty return of Xbox Controller - made a repair order but got no shipping label, support...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty return of Xbox Controller - made a repair order but got no shipping label, support...: My xbox elite controller has developed a fault while under warranty. This is the second time I have had to go through this in my year of ownership, so I know how the process is meant to work and I...
  5. Xbox one Bluetooth mfi(made for iPhone) support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Bluetooth mfi(made for iPhone) support: Xbox one controllers should be made mfi compatible b4650e90-a43b-42d9-a978-f5ed5a249f73
  6. An unknown person made a purchase on my xbox account and support won't refund it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An unknown person made a purchase on my xbox account and support won't refund it: Someone made purchase on my xbox account without me knowing while I was asleep and Microsoft won't refund it a2408608-7e7a-4e83-bf77-b3b718558fcc
  7. I would backward compatibility support that Microsoft made these XBOX 360 games to XBOX ONE ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would backward compatibility support that Microsoft made these XBOX 360 games to XBOX ONE ...: I would backward compatibility support that Microsoft made ​​these XBOX 360 games to XBOX ONE console: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Call Of Duty Black Ops Call Of Duty Black Ops II Battlefield...
  8. Made a wrong click and did not evaluate support assistant

in XBoX on Consoles
    Made a wrong click and did not evaluate support assistant: Hello, I just finished a chat with a support assistant that lasted 2 hours. When we finished, i clicked on the "End Chat" button, some questions popped up and behind those questions i could see...
  9. Made a video and it says can't play go to xbox support for help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Made a video and it says can't play go to xbox support for help.: error code 0x887c0032. I made a video and tried to watch it on my Dell Computer but it would not play. The error message said to contact xbox support. 568d9dfb-1c78-41fd-a3cf-4ed60bd7e09d
  10. Since Support made me remove my profile, all saves gone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Support made me remove my profile, all saves gone.: Hi, I contacted support the other day as my xbox update continued to fail, after xbox support took me through many steps, including clearing cache, removing my profile and attempting to make me...