Xbox stuck in a restart loop

Discus and support Xbox stuck in a restart loop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I sat down to play my Xbox just like any other day. I have an Xbox series S, yea I know it's not the most powerful machine but I've had no problems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stephan George1, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Xbox stuck in a restart loop

I sat down to play my Xbox just like any other day.

I have an Xbox series S, yea I know it's not the most powerful machine but I've had no problems with it until today.

When Everything booted up normally I didnt think anything was wrong.

- I clicked on Call of duty MW2 and immediately was prompted with - please plug-in the external device this game is downloaded on.

So I powered everything off completely and reset the console (by holding the Xbox button down for at least 10 seconds.

When I booted it back up I was looking at a screen that gave me the options to (reset the console, restart the console, or turn off the console).

I tried all three options, same issue.

- I then powered the console down and unplugged the power chords for both the external hard drive and the Xbox as while as the cable connecting the external drive to the Xbox.

Let everything sit for 3 minutes.

Plugged everything back in, still gave it time before powering on.

Powered on and still stuck in a loop cycle of this screen.

I've been looking for a reason to upgrade but I wasn't ready yet so if there's an easy fix please let me know... any help would be great.

(Yes, I did try to update the console and it is at the most recent update, additionally I tried deleting Call of duty all together but it wouldn't let me manage any of my content. At first I thought it was just the external drive but now I can't even get to the homescreen, so the problem went from bad to worse.

:)

Stephan George1, Jan 13, 2023
  2. Try-00F1B93D-E9F3-45 Win User

Xbox One Constantly Resets

it starts up at the applying update screen and my xbox restarts back to the applying update screen. Its basically stuck in a loop
  3. OpticRJames Win User

My Xbox One is stuck in a restarting loop.

Hi, Gavin. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below in sequence to do a factory reset and let me know if it works:

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one you use to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have an option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything
  4. onyxishere Win User

Xbox 360 Stuck in Update/Restart Loop

It might very well be a storage issue. Try removing the external storage devices (I presume they're USB) and try accepting the update.

You may very well need to get an Xbox storage device (250 or 320 gb). Other than that it may be an issue that gets resolved through warranty repair.
  5. MATTMOO41 Win User

It is an S. We just bought it in December. There is no error message, and we're wireless. I'm thinking it may be a hard drive issue. My system memory is showing a 3GB capacity, with only 2MB available, yet when I go into it, it's shows nothing saved there.
    My external drive has 13.7GB open. I was thinking about trying an Xbox add-on drive to see if that would help? I have a warranty; maybe I'll just get another one.
  6. MATTMOO41 Win User

Thanks for your suggestions! I think I will try the xbox storage; it will be good to have even if I have to replace it.
Thema:

Xbox stuck in a restart loop

1. Xbox stuck in a restart loop - Similar Threads - stuck restart loop

2. how to i fix my xbox one s screen when stuck on restart or trubleshout

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to i fix my xbox one s screen when stuck on restart or trubleshout: my xbox one s will not go to home screen when turned on. what should i do??? e720472f-8b33-4c86-96d2-c6ba8b88531b
  3. My Xbox gets stuck on the restart screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox gets stuck on the restart screen: I have been experiencing this problem for the last couple of days and it has not gotten past the same spot since it started. I turn it on and it does the start up animation like after you restart...
  4. xbox is stuck restarting

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox is stuck restarting: I have the xbox series x and while I was playing I randomly got sent to a update message. I updated the Xbox and it went to the end however when it shut off at the end to restart it will not turn...
  5. My Xbox One is stuck in a restarting loop.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One is stuck in a restarting loop.: I just moved back to college to start the new year and plugged in my Xbox One. When I powered it on, it stayed on the home screen for about 10 seconds when it shut off and restarted itself. The...
  6. My XboxOne Kinect is stuck in restart loop after Nov 2022 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XboxOne Kinect is stuck in restart loop after Nov 2022 update: I'm experiencing the issue with my XboxOne Kinect. The Kinect struck in restart loop after Nov 2022 update to the console. I have tried all the suggestion (refresh power cycle) etc. but no...
  7. My xbox’s screen is stuck on the troubleshoot menu when I press restart with games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox’s screen is stuck on the troubleshoot menu when I press restart with games: This is my cousins xbox and it recently started to have a black screen when it turned on, so I searched up and tried all the youtube videos. The one that makes you go into the troubleshooting menu...
  8. Failed a Mission now Stuck in endless loop of restart from last check point screens.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed a Mission now Stuck in endless loop of restart from last check point screens.: So I've failed a few missions while playing one example is the Hobo on the Train Mission. When I failed I got stuck in a loop where it kept asking me to press A to restart from last checkpoint or...
  9. Solution: Xbox 360 console stuck in restart loop after starting a download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Solution: Xbox 360 console stuck in restart loop after starting a download: I was having this problem earlier today, and during my search for a fix I saw a number of people on the forum here have had the problem in the past but did not always get a clear fix. After about...
  10. Xbox 360 Stuck in Update/Restart Loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Stuck in Update/Restart Loop: Turned on console and was prompted to update. When it goes to the download screen, in about 10-15 seconds, it will restart. The download bar shows no movement. It restarts and goes back to...