Xbox stuck in 640x480 resolution.

Discus and support Xbox stuck in 640x480 resolution. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Orignally I could not get the console to display at all but after resetting the display settings (holding down the eject and the power button at the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by trox4, Nov 16, 2021.

1. trox4
    trox4 Guest

Orignally I could not get the console to display at all but after resetting the display settings (holding down the eject and the power button at the same time) I finally got picture. But after that I could not change the resoultion to 1080p, I tried switching it from auto dettect to HDMI still nothing every time I click on the 1080p res it goes blank then reverts to the 640x480 res. If there is anything thing else worth trying let me know I also did a hard reset (turing off console and taking out power plug for 60 secs) as well as soft restting my console (clean wipe with everything besides games).

:)

trox4, Nov 16, 2021
  2. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Xbox One S is stuck in 640x480 resolution mode. Date 9/21/19

3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Resolution stuck on 640x480

Hi there Zach welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Unfortunately, this is one of the symptoms of HDD issues with the consoles, try the reset but like this:

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass.

5.-Press the Bind and Eject buttons, and hold those buttons to keep them pressed.

6.-Then, with the Bind and Eject buttons held, press the Xbox button.

7.-Let go the Bind and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

8.-Thereafter, the Xbox One should start up at the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

9.-Select Reset and keep my games and apps.
  4. SammyVS Win User

5. trox4 Win User

Already tried this sadly did not work, the cable works just fine as it works for my xbox 360 but for some reason my xbox one refuses to go into 1080p
  6. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Press and hold your console's power button until the console turns off, remove the power cord and HDMI cable for 1 minute. Then turn on the console, follow this path and change your console resolution.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings.

Under General, select TV & display options.

Select Resolution, and then select the best resolution for your TV (either 720p, 1080p, or 4K UHD).

Also, try changing the HDMI cable you are using and your TV's HDMI port.
Thema:

1. Xbox stuck in 640x480 resolution. - Similar Threads - stuck 640x480 resolution

2. my console is stuck on 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    my console is stuck on 640x480: My console went to 640x480 resolution an i can't change it back to 1080p the option is not available under the display settings 8297adc3-b5bb-4dcd-8f3b-b45fadba5548
  3. Xbox one s is stuck on 640x480 resolution and I’ve tried everything I’ve seen online. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s is stuck on 640x480 resolution and I’ve tried everything I’ve seen online. Is...: Tried looking for solutions online and everything I’ve seen hasn’t been able to work. When I change the aspect ratio on the tv and monitor to zoom it will fit but it stays blurry. Only reason I...
  4. my xbox one s will not allow me to go into a high resolution and is stuck on 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s will not allow me to go into a high resolution and is stuck on 640x480: I’ve tried all of the youtube video hacks and such and i can’t seem to get absolutely anything to work. my tv is brand spanking new and idk what to do d476c98c-76c5-41fc-a82b-7a02497254fb
  5. Stuck in 640x480 and I can’t change it

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck in 640x480 and I can’t change it: I did a reset by pressing my home and eject button as I was stuck on no signal. Ever since I’ve been stuck on 640x480 and it won’t change, yet it allows me to select another resolution. Anyone...
  6. Resolution stuck on 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution stuck on 640x480: My xbox was working great until about a week ago I turned it on like normal and the screen was just black so I tried just turning it off and back on still nothing finally got it on by going to the...
  7. Console stuck in 640x480. No way to change, restarts aren't fixing it.

in XboX Insiders
    Console stuck in 640x480. No way to change, restarts aren't fixing it.: The system has been quite buggy over time, but this is a new one and first time I've seen this. Started up the system 45 minutes ago, worked fine yesterday. Now I'm stuck in 640 by 480, there's...
  8. My Xbox One is stuck in 640x480 display

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One is stuck in 640x480 display: I turned on my Xbox and it was set at 640x480, which was not what I had originally on a couple of hours before using it. I have gone through the process of a hard reboot, but that did not fix the...
  9. xbox stuck in 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox stuck in 640x480: was playing a game then all of a sudden the screen went black and **** 30 seconds later it was in 640x480 and cannot get out of it b8cfb02b-825c-4fe3-9c7a-55411aeea4ef
  10. Xbox Series X Gets Stuck in 640X480.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Gets Stuck in 640X480.: My Xbox Series X gets randomly stuck in 640X480 and I can't find a fix. It randomly starts working and is very frustrating especially when I want to play a game in 4K. Is there any solution to...